Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Tonight WSOP Circuit tourney? Did everybody read caro\'s boof of tells?

I mean she was just casually looking at gabriel then she jumped. Like she was thinking oh shi* he did the thing with his eyes like he always does when he's bluffing. Or for those of you who saw the movie House of Games with joe mantenga "he played with his ring".
Old 07-20-2005, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Tonight WSOP Circuit tourney? Did everybody read caro\'s boof of tells?

Are you sure it was Ak? I thought it was a very marginal hand like j8 off. Maybe your right though i was just waking up and maybe saw it wrong.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No not at all. I don't know what hand you are talking about wiht Ak i did not see that hand. The hand i'm referring to i believe lee had A rag, gabriel 92 off, jenn a j8 off or something like that. If she had Ak in this hand with how much she wanted to play given she sensed weakness all around she woulda moved for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-watch the hand. Jennifer had AK when Thaler re-raised with 92. It seemed like a pretty bad laydown given what her supposed read was. Her read could not have been *that* strong to lay down a hand like that.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I even picked up a tell on Ivey when he moved all in with his 9-5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought I did too, and I have no experience with live play.

But I could very easily just be fooling myself.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:47 AM

Hand on the cards.. Almost to the point where you are ready to flip them over.

When a person moves all-in, and they don't move their hand from there cards.. that is a HUGE tell.

I know, because I have it myself.. I do this same exact thing when I don't want to be called.

I was stunned to see Ivey doing this. I highly doubt it was a "reverse-ploy", because most of the table was very unsophisticated, including J.R. Bellande.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:54 AM

Jennifer had AK, I thought it was a poor move on her part but always looks worse when you see the cards. Can't fault her too much, she captured second.

Why Phil tried to bluff Bellande is beyond me, the dude showed he wasn't going to lay down, Phil was just card dead and frustrated.

Bellande's problem is he only has one gear, BLAST... After successfully blasting people out of pots you have to slow down a bit and show down a hand or two. People were just waiting for him to bluff at the wrong time.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:10 AM

She did have AK on the hand that you are talking about. It really suprised me that she didn't move in there as well (I believe she was the short stack).
Old 07-20-2005, 10:13 AM

Yes, everyone did indeed re-read their copies of Mike Caro's Book of Tells prior to their final table appearance. I thought it was glaringly obvious but thanks for sharing Smoothcall.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Tonight WSOP Circuit tourney? Did everybody read caro\'s boof of te

I did not see this, but apparently you guys are talking about Gabe Thaler in this thread. I wish you all the best of luck exploiting Gabe's obvious tells and amateurish play. Sounds like a great plan to me. "LOL"
Old 07-20-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Tonight WSOP Circuit tourney? Did everybody read caro\'s boof of te

Reading further in the thread, let me clarify what you guys are saying.

Gabe and some other dude both dsiplay obvious tells that they are weak. Jen Harman sees this and it is obvious from her action that she knows they are very weak. She then proceeds to muck AK.

Good stuff.