Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 10:10 PM

Default QQ against TAG

villian: VP$IP%=18%/PFR%=11%/AF=2.4

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero ?

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
Old 02-21-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Re: QQ against TAG

Check call is the only way to go. Would you have released to a turn raise?

This looks like a well played ace by a tag.

Krishan
Old 02-21-2005, 10:15 PM

I forgot to mention that my stats are similar to villians and I'm sure he knows this
Old 02-21-2005, 10:15 PM

I'm assuming you're trying to decide between something like raising and calling on the river, hopefully not folding/calling.

I'm not sure what you're asking here. A Tag is unlikely to call with a stupid ace. In your case, 100% call the river (obviously). I'm not sure about your river play to start with. Was the check to induce a bluff? Else I'd probably bet and hope he calls me with a lower PP the majority of the time, and i might just fold to a raise (even though I'm a river calling station)
Old 02-21-2005, 10:20 PM

Taking the line you did, easy call.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you have released to a turn raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having a tough time deciding, but I have to go with yes.

[ QUOTE ]
This looks like a well played ace by a tag.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would play it the same in his position, if I just called pre-flop like he did.

-Pete
Old 02-21-2005, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Taking the line you did, easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

What line would you take?
Old 02-21-2005, 10:46 PM

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with your line, just as long as you checked with the intention of calling. The only other line to take would be to bet the river. For me this is a feel situation and might rely on more specific notes than on stats. i.e. Would he bet more hands he would call with or would he call more hands than he would bet with on the river?
Old 02-21-2005, 10:53 PM

PREFLOP: standard

FLOP: standard (this is pretty much an auto-bet as you're hoping to represent a big ace so that everyone will fold).

TURN: Remember this, the Ace actually helps you here! First, it means that villain is less likely to hold an ace. Second, it's now a really scarey board for the villain, so he's more likely to fold. Third, if raised, you can easily fold this turn. Given all these reasons, I like the turn bet. (Kinda confusing when he just calls, though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

RIVER: This is the tough decision in this hand. The benefit to checking is that you may induce a bluff. However, what hands will he bluff with? There aren't really any 'broken draws' on the board.

Given the way this hand has been played, I think there's more value in betting the river (but folding to a raise).

Villain could just as easily have a lower pocket pair (i.e. 77, 99, etc) as he could have an ace here. He may also have a paired 8. So there's value to betting as he'll surely call your river bet since he's called this far. Further, if you check this river, and the villain holds something a lower pocket pair, he may just check this through, and you've thus lost a bet.

In conclusion, I like the play up the river. For the river, I'd bet, but fold to a raise.

Adam
Old 02-21-2005, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TURN: Remember this, the Ace actually helps you here! First, it means that villain is less likely to hold an ace. Second, it's now a really scarey board for the villain, so he's more likely to fold. Third, if raised, you can easily fold this turn. Given all these reasons, I like the turn bet. (Kinda confusing when he just calls, though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]

I fully expected him to raise or fold, What could he possibly call me with?

[ QUOTE ]
Given the way this hand has been played, I think there's more value in betting the river (but folding to a raise).

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I would have to fold to a raise I didn't bet this river

[ QUOTE ]
Villain could just as easily have a lower pocket pair (i.e. 77, 99, etc) as he could have an ace here. He may also have a paired 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so, wouldn't you raise or fold the turn with a medium pocket pair in villians spot, I mean what is he hoping to do, catch me bluffing with KQ?

-Pete