Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Mathcounts

I was 4th in my state back in 8th grade. Yay Mathcounts. I have my right triangle trophies around here somewhere.

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-09-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Mathcounts

[ QUOTE ]
I finished 6th in the region or state or whatever in this. Pretty cool though for an 8th grader, they had the top 10 on stage for 'elimination questions' with buzzers and all that. I remember my first match, girl jumps on the buzzer 15 seconds into the question, the dude stops reading, she starts crying, gets a huge ovation when I knock her out. I get knocked out 2 questions later, and dont get any applause outside of my team. Maybe I should have laughed at her on stage, huh?

Damn, that was a long time ago

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember being in the heads-up match, too. I came in 9th in my region and went to the state finals. When I was in that heads-up buzzer match, I got destroyed. First question, I buzzed in before I finished the calculations, but couldn't work it out fast enough.

The state tournament was a complete dork fest. I think I cam in like 69/80 or something. When I was the coolest kid there, there was definitely a problem.