Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2004, 09:23 PM

Default good play or not worth it?

Is this a good line?

CO seems to raise pre flop with any 2 between A and 10 and will almost always bet the flop after he has raised pre. UTG is loosish pre-flop and as aggresive with a draw as a made hand. MP1 has played about 2 orbits and seems ABC. I play tight aggressive(I've seen 19% on the flops at that table)

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

When the two of them cold called, I liked my play alot less

Turn: (8.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (14.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero folds.

I called mp1 because of the odds and then folded because I didn't like my odds anymore
Final Pot: 19.20 BB

-Pete
Old 12-20-2004, 09:28 PM

Default Re: good play or not worth it?

oh... When I typed the subject I was going to ask if raising the CO on the flop can be a profitable play at 5/10.
It seems to work well when I play 20/40 live I can usually isolate them, is it hard to isolate at 5/10 Party( I don't play it that much).

-Pete
Old 12-20-2004, 09:36 PM

Default Re: good play or not worth it?

Re-raise the turn. If UTG is drawing to a frush, you gotta make him pay. Making him face two more bets on the turn may be enough to get him to drop. You likely have the best hand, even with MP1s raise on the turn (maybe slowplaying a big pair?).

You have to call the river closing the action for 1 more bet. You are good here 1 in 19.