Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2003, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Can someone explain 2/5 limit hold\'em in Colorado for me

There will be lots of smoke everywhere but the Hyatt. I recommend the Lodge and consider the 5/5 game. They tend to be much wilder than the 2/5 games and if you can hold your own on-line 2/4 you should be ok. If you get to a real "action table" though the swings can be huge. These games are all somewhat tough to beat due to the high rakes and that there can be some very good players in the game. People who play mid and high limit in Vegas and elsewhere have to play either 2/5 or 5/5 in CO (some will play either depending on the type of game they prefer, the 5/5 can get really wild sometimes (not usually though) so some mid-limit players prefer the saner 2/5 games). At least at the Lodge I don't see that many truely bad players and when newbies show up they almost always get slaughtered. I almost feel sorry for them ( I never felt this for newbies in low-limit in Vegas, since I think they almost always have a much better chance). The week-end players are definitely much weaker than the week-day crowd, and week-day afternoons are brutal (bunch of old rocks in general). Like the other poster said you almost always have to show down the best hand since 5 bucks rarely scares anyone (except on weekday afternoons).