Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 10:51 PM

Default a few questons from a player in transition

I'm a 2/5 & 3/6 player and i'm confident enough in my game, it's just that i don't have the bankroll to transition up yet. I've had trouble building up my bankroll b/c it seems that there is always someone sucking out. I'm not an idiot who just wants to tell you bad beat stories, but I'm curious as to whether the number of beats by people holding random hands and longshot draws decreases as you go up in limits. I'm not talking about people playing reasonable, or even gutshot type draws, but people holding a 9 4 and rivering two pair or something arbitrary like that.

And just another question, what kind of swings are "regular" (not often, but reasonable to occurr) even for strong career players?

Thanks for any responses.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: a few questons from a player in transition

[ QUOTE ]
but I'm curious as to whether the number of beats by people holding random hands and longshot draws decreases as you go up in limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

It becomes tougher to find these kind of players at the higher limits, but you'll continue to get outdrawn by the longshot draws if you practice good table selection.

p.s.

Moderator, please move this thread to SS.

Op, based on the tone of your post, you don't sound like you are ready to move up.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:21 PM

Variance will be higher in lower limit games. But if you can't beat 3/6 you dont need to move up. The problems you will encounter at a higher limit will outweigh the ones you face at a lower limit. Variance is your enemy, and at the level you're playing, I'd reccomend trying to play 4,000 hands per week in order to become somewhat immune to the bad beats, largely due to the fact you'll be playing so many hands it wont matter.

Moving up in limits is not the answer, trust me.

Also, you should probably post in the small stakes forum as this forum is for more advanced discussion, and it sounds as though you could benefit much more from the topics discussed there. Also, as soon as the moderator sees this he'll move it there anyways.....

Tex
Old 11-07-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Dcifr\'s slackin on the job.....JUST KIDDING BARRON.

Note to the OP: Read some of the archives, they'll really help your game.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Moderator, please move this thread to SS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely that isn't the answer you guys give to every crummy post in mid-high!

I suggest IRC.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 02:24 AM

These players are the players you want to play against.

People play the same crap hands at higher limits, they just take more money from you when they suckout.

End thread.