Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2005, 11:01 PM

Default wrapping my head around bet/folding rivers

even if i feel that bet/folding a river is correct, it certainly messes with me later on, even days after the hand. i'm talking about a 10/20 hand i played at borgata last week at a somewhat tilty, shorthanded table at about 6am. i was at war with a LAG to my right, an unknown older foreign man to my left who didn't enter many pots and let us youngsters do most of the battling, and a couple of other players in the middle. i'm not sure what my table image was. probably a bit LAGgy even though i (think i) had my head screwed on straight for most of the hands.

i'm in BB, and old man to my left raises UTG. we're 5 handed. folded to me, and i've got a baby ace. i call and the flop comes an ace. the board was quite dry through to the river, so i decided a c/c, c/c, b/f line. i did exactly that, and when i bet the river and he raised, i went with my plan and diligently folded. i have no idea if it was the right move.

are there any good articles or posts written on bet/folding on the end? i understand why it's done, but when you're raised it's so friggin tough to deal with.