Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 08:12 AM

Default Fish

Who is the biggest fish you know?

There is one guy in my regular NL game, that is just god awful.

He drops like 4-5 buy ins everytime he plays. I have never seen him end the night up.

There is one other guy I play limit hold em with. We call him "river" its what everybody knows him as. I've never seen him leave the table with money ever. Plays 100% of hands, most of those til the river, no matter what.

any good fish you guys know?

blake
Old 10-24-2005, 08:48 AM

Default Re: Fish

In high school I played in a weekly friday night tourney with about 20 of my friends. There was one kid who was very good, but he had one problem. He had to be home by mindnight and didn't have a car, so his mother would pick him up each time. This is how he earned the nickname "Chops" (behind his back) because all you had to do was tighten up your game and slow it down at the end if you were behind and once 11:50 came around he'd start pushing all-in or we'd hear a beep in the driveway and he'd have to take some god awful rape of a chop (he has 70% chips HU and gets 30% money). Needless to say he wasn't one of our closer friends. So despite being really good, he's still a fish for playing in those tournies.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who is the biggest fish you know?

blake

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-24-2005, 12:55 PM

A friend of mine invited me to a home game so I went. We were playing 2/4 limit. One guy was just about the worst players ever. He saw EVERY flop no matter how many bets in front of him. Then he would call down with every pair. He would see the river with anything as low as overcards and gutshots. He would never, ever raise without the absolute nuts, and I'm pretty sure he even called with them once. However, he would always bet if checked too.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:24 PM

I played a 6-12 kill game over the summer with a guy who didnt even know the rules of hold'em. He would just raise everyhand. I think he only lost in the area of 400$ though. He didnt stay long. I dont think he won a hand. It was pretty funny though, the one time the poor guy actually flops a full house I hit my two outer on the river to win a MONSTER pot.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:22 PM

You of course.