Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 10:37 AM

Default AA in the 2/4 Party Rooms

Recently I started going through my HHs from the Party 2/4 game(I have 55k hands since April). I began noticing how I used to regularly win huge pots with AA in the first couple months of playing these limits. I also have a much looser image nowadays than I did when I first started. Is this a direct result of the level of play in these rooms improving, possibly just that there are more rocks than ever? Looking at my previous 30 AA hands makes me think I need to protect this hand more and look to make my money in the preflop betting rounds rather than postflop. Anyone else notice any major change with their AA stats or care to comment on the style of play in these rooms adapting?

Thanks and sorry for the generic post,
-Ace
Old 10-10-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: AA in the 2/4 Party Rooms

Your post made me look back over my stats for the past 100K hands since the beginning of summer, and although there are obviously ones that stick out, I have consistently won with AA, but recently I have been raising/reraising more preflop with AA to protect my hand. In the last 50K hands of that sample I was taking it down preflop a lot more, but I also wasn't loosing big pots like I had previously been. My highs weren't as high, but my lows weren't as low. In the end, a combination of taking it down preflop and winning medium pots proved more valuable for me than winning huge pots, losing huge pots. I have definitely noticed an improvement in the players on Party 200NL-400NL, but I have improved as well and "risen with the tide". Also, as the crop of players get better, just realize that, and work on your table selection. Even from as small a sample as 55K, you should be able to create a small fish list of people to search out. If people at the table are playing better, protect AA more, if they just cant let go of TPTK, then switch it up and gamble a bit. I think limping AA from anything but UTG hoping to reraise preflop at a 10 person table is just asking to be outflopped. Unless you are playing with some deeper stacks and are willing to wait til you hit a set or better with AA, then get the money in as soon as possible.