Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Cubbies/\'Stros

I really like taking the Cubs today. Zambrano's a solid pitcher who beat Houston last time around in Houston. The Cubs seem to give the Astros lots of problems. I think putting Chicago at +140 is just too much. They are much closer to a +115. Everyone loves Petitte but Zambrano's equally as good. I got paid off last night taking the cubs so I'll probably try again. Anyone with me?

I also really like the over Mets/Rockies.
I'm still undecided as to whether I want to bet the over in the Phils/Nationals.

Thoughts?
Old 09-30-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Cubbies/\'Stros

[ QUOTE ]
I really like taking the Cubs today. Zambrano's a solid pitcher who beat Houston last time around in Houston. The Cubs seem to give the Astros lots of problems. I think putting Chicago at +140 is just too much. They are much closer to a +115. Everyone loves Petitte but Zambrano's equally as good. I got paid off last night taking the cubs so I'll probably try again. Anyone with me?

I'm still undecided as to whether I want to bet the over in the Phils/Nationals.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Zambrano's last 5 starts have been poor by his standards. He won the last one (his worst start) because his boys managed to cover for him and outscore Houston. Meanwhile Pettitte has been great and Houston, at home, is playing for something. I would not touch the Cubs tonight at less than +180.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:49 PM

I refuse to bet on the Cubs anymore. I have my own Cubs curse...I always lose when I take them.

Having said that, I think you get a slight edge at +140
Old 09-30-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm staying away from HOU/CHC because Pettite has been so money in the clutch in his career.

I like the over on COL/NYM OK, only caveat being Kim's propensity for under games.

I would definitely stay away from over on PHI/WAS-- take a look at their matchups this year. YTD the over is 4-10-2 between these two teams. They always play tough against each other and the pitching always shows up. Washington has been scoring a lot of runs, though. I dunno. I'm staying away.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone loves Petitte but Zambrano's equally as good.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is simply not a true statement.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone loves Petitte but Zambrano's equally as good.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is simply not a true statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. Zambrano is much better.