Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Re: A hand that I had no idea what to do but the pot was big...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone lead this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

why don't you start by explaining why you think we should lead this flop and then we'll go from there [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I lead this flop.

<font color="green">Why we are good</font>
On a paired flop, even if you catch the little end of it you are probably the best hand. Not only that but we have a good kicker. A lot of smaller q's will call us down. Most times a person with a set will raise you.

People with overcards and even flush draws will often fold fearing the flopped full house. People also LOVE to bluff a board like this.

Couple all this with you draws to a backdoor strait or flush means you have a strong hand with a lot of outs.

<font color="red">Why this might be a bad idea</font>
A flopped full house is a real threat, and you won't know it when trips overtake you with the house. There is also a strong likelood that someone is drawing to a gutshot or EOSD. The flush draw is also a real threat, but your have redraws if it comes on the turn and they don't hold the A.

Anyone have enough cycles to do some math and show me why I might be wrong?
Old 07-28-2005, 11:54 PM

Default Re: A hand that I had no idea what to do but the pot was big...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone lead this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

why don't you start by explaining why you think we should lead this flop and then we'll go from there [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'll try. I've been lurking for awhile but almost never post so I'm probably wrong.

With a TAG pf 3better, it is likely that he will raise behind us and force the rest of the field to call two cold. This is good because it could fold out some Ax's which could beat us on the turn or river. The TAG could have us beat, but
he could also be raising AK, JJ, AJs in this spot, even 99 if hes crazy. We have some decent BD outs in the flush and straights and another Q to bail us out when the PF raiser does have us beat. Is this wrong? Is the pot too big to try to fold out overcards/gutshots? If pf raiser had bet and no one raised, are we calling down? This hand intrigues me.