Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2005, 02:09 AM

Default Bet the turn?

The players at this table are all pretty loose and passive, and plays straight forward, so they are not tricky.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (19 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...

is betting the turn after no one has shown aggression on the flop okay here?
Old 06-25-2005, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Bet the turn?

Yes.

On the off chance that your hand is good you need to bet to try and get Kx, Qx, Jx, 6x, 4x, etc., to fold.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:20 AM

I bet the turn.
But after thinking about it, since they are loose passives I thought CO probably had JJ-KK and was scared of the ace on the flop. So maybe the turn bet might have been incorrect because loose passives are not going to fold, and we can narrow thier 3-betting range to big pocket pairs.

Heres the rest of the hand.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (19 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

I got a free showdown, but what would be the correct play be on the river? I don't think I can bet this hand for value after this many turn callers.
Old 06-25-2005, 04:57 AM

Im not really sure about the turn bet. I know if i was playing this hand id do the same thing after a checked through flop and good turn card. But im not sure if its a good play or not. On the river i like the check cause i dont think a bet would be for value and your not gonna fold anything that beats you.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:06 AM

Bet the turn everytime. The pot is big enough, you need to fight for it. Id be inclined to check the river like u did with a couple of callers as there could be a weak ace out there and im really not sure whats going to call you that you beat? maybe a smaller PP or some crap they hit on the flop, who knows.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:41 AM

The turn bet is good. 5 opponents didn't like their hand enough to bet the flop, and 3 forewent a second chance on the turn. There's a decent chance you're ahead. A free card won't do anything for you.

A river bet would be bad. Scary board. Too much company. I check and hope for a free showdown. Might call 1 depending where it comes from. Won't overcall.