Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2004, 04:09 PM

Default Going to Australia!

I'm a complete newbie to Multi-table tourneys. Previously all my experience amounted to the $1 new player multi party offers. (I didn't win but I did money for $2!!)

I want to thank Enon and Mr. X for cheering me on at the final table. I didn't post here when I got close because I didn't want any distraction. But the extra people watching really does help. I had a few meltdowns (I called 6000 worth of chips with A7 off and lost to KK. I also had some amazing suck-outs. I put all my chips on the line with K5 on a board of 245 after a healthy preflop raise that I called. The villain called my allin reraise and flipped over TT. I hit a turn K and then a river K for the boat.

I won my way in by winning a $10 super satellite and then a $77 sattelite which I played on a whim. This is the greatest thing I've ever won. I can't begin to tell you all how super-psyched I am to go to Australia. I studied at University of Melbourne for my semester abroad and I absolutely love the city. Please post if you're also going because I don't know anyone out there and I'd love to hang out. I'm 25 and I've only played online poker for about 8 months. I play at most 3-6 limit and sometimes 5-10 shorthanded.

I'd like to give some special thanks to David Ross and Tyler Durden from the Multi section. While this is my first Multi Post I've read this section a good deal and I've learned alot.

Also, for anyone that's won, when does Party give me my $2500 and the extra details. I still haven't seen an email from them. Thanks again to everyone on this site. It's given a relatively poor nonprofit worker like myself a chance to compete with the big boys.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Going to Australia!

Congratulatons! That is awesome! Have a great time there. Not to say I am jealous but my biggest win was a trip to downtown Newark.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to say I am jealous but my biggest win was a trip to downtown Newark.

[/ QUOTE ]

Second prize: Two trips. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2004, 11:07 PM

Hey, I'll be there. Did you win through Party?
Old 12-23-2004, 08:44 PM

Yup, I won through party. When are you headed there?
Old 12-26-2004, 08:21 PM

I'm leaving the ninth of Jan. BTW, did you already get your travel money? I haven't got mine due to some software glitch.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:52 PM

Cool, I'm also leaving the 9th out of Philly. Where are you coming from? And no, I haven't seen my $2500. I'm not sure what to make of that.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:04 PM

Yeah, I finally got the money. I'm happy to have the seat, but I didn't really appreciate how long it took them to get us the money. They said it was some sort of technical difficulty. My guess is that they wanted the interest! Oh well, all is forgiven now that it's in my account.

Anyway, I'm coming from SF, I'm sure I'll run into you. My name is Bobby Rooney.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:06 PM

lol, i thought it was going to post under my handle, noiseboy. I didn't realize my name was right there at the top.