Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2004, 12:19 PM

Default My first 10,000 hands, Constructive Feedback please

I've completed my first 10,000 hands at PartyPoker.com. I started on Febuary 21st with a $50 bonus from a sponsor and haven't put any of my own money in (to stay) yet. Here are my PokerTracker stats for those 10k hands at the $0.50/$1 tables:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
VP$IP: 25.24%
Saw Flop, All Hands: 33.08%
Saw Flop, Not a Blind: 23.04%
Folded SB to Steal: 69.23%
Folded BB to Steal: 62.50%
Att. To Steal Blinds: 21.26% (29.55% success)
Won $ When Saw Flop: 31.02%
Win Rate: 3.09BB/100 hands
Went to Showdown: 38.26%
Won at Showdown: 44.12%
Raised Pre-Flop: 6.26%
Limp/call-ReRaise Pre-Flop: 0.07% (usually AA early)
Check-Raise: 1.31%
First Action on Flop after a Pre-Flop Raise:
Raise: 13.36%
Bet: 64.82%
Call: 10.59%
Check: 4.07%
Check/Raise: 0.98%
Fold: 2.12% (usually AXs when missed flop, and was bet into)
No Flop: 3.91%

</pre><hr />

In the last 600 hands I made an adjustment that appears to reduce my Flops Seen and my win percentage up. These adjustments were: Don't limp KJo, KTo, ATo &amp; QTo early; Raise with KQo &amp; AJo; and, re-raise with just about any Tier 2 hand, especially: AQs, AJs &amp; KQs...these hands I'd been just cold-calling a raise with.

These adjustments dropped my VP$IP to 22%, Win if see flop up to 37%, pre-flop raise percentage up to 10% and win at showdown up to 49% (for those 600 hands).

Please take a look and tell me some numbers, in your opinion, that should be improved.

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Spyder
Old 04-24-2004, 01:32 PM

Default Re: My first 10,000 hands, Constructive Feedback please

To be honest its just a load of numbers. You're better off posting individual hands.
Old 04-24-2004, 01:37 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

you're going to need to tighten up if you intend on moving up in levels. 25 VP$IP, even 22, is too high for more aggressive games. your PFR is also really low. you probably want it to be in the 8-10 range. your showdown % is pretty low, but I guess that can be accounted to playing at .50/1. You're probably either bluffing or chasing too much. and as for 3-betting KQs, AQs, AJs, it depends. against most early position raisers, KQs and AJs should be mucked if no one else has voluntarily entered the pot.
Old 04-24-2004, 03:59 PM

I agree with both posts so far. Also, you are running hot so count your blessings and be prepared for the "winter" it comes to us all [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I will add what I have seen reading the board and from watching my PT #s.

At .50/$1 22% VP$IP and 6% PFR is 27% (6/22) that you are raising that you VP$IP and is ok. You were at 24% (6/25). Generally you're just below Med-Tight/Med-Aggressive, which will win for you through $1/$2. At True $1/$2 I was about 33% (7/21) and did quite well.

The problem comes when you get to $2/$4. That won't quite work.

So you are doing ok now, but, longterm you want to be headed to ~40% (8/20) and closing in on 50%.

If you look at what alot of people's numbers are at $2/$4, $3/$6 and higher, they will say PFR 9-10%, VP$IP 18-20% which is 50% (9/18,10/20). Some of them are as high as 66% (10/15).

Obviously, none of this reallly means anything, and none of that tells you how to get there, per se, but, it's a good way to compare your "style" of play to those tight-aggressive types that are winning IMHO.

I have Illum's note-exporter that categorizes players per M$ Sunshine's scale and today at $2/$4 for the first time I saw someone "VERY-Tight/Aggressive" but there are alot of Tight/Aggressive, Tight/Med-Aggressive, Med-Tight/Aggressive, and Med-Tight/Med-Aggressive. This guy was ~12% VP$IP.

Old 04-24-2004, 04:34 PM

I'm going to take the devil's advocate and disagree with the other posts, and say that 25VPIP at .5/1 is fine... You are facing more people who play poorly postflop, so it is ok to play a few more hands if you play well post flop. And you will also have more multiway pots so that further increases the amount of playable hands from LP. However, do listen to their advice if/when you move up to higher limits. As you go up in limits, you'll have to tighten up more.

But to say that a 25VPIP is too high at .5/1, IMHO, is borderline flat-out wrong.
Old 04-24-2004, 04:35 PM

My God, if you are mucking KQs and AJs in a .50/$1 game for a single raise you are WAY TOO TIGHT! Learn when to call and when to reraise with these, then learn to play them Correctly after the flop. This is not a Tight $15/$30 game! It is a learning game where much can be won from poor players with these hands...............
Old 04-24-2004, 05:44 PM

Heh...no, I never muck them....

I was Limping early hoping for a late raisor, or raising with them late, and cold-calling a raise instead of re-raising. My change was to begin Raising early and re-raising with them when raised to me.

Spyder
Old 04-24-2004, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to take the devil's advocate and disagree with the other posts, and say that 25VPIP at .5/1 is fine... You are facing more people who play poorly postflop, so it is ok to play a few more hands if you play well post flop. And you will also have more multiway pots so that further increases the amount of playable hands from LP. However, do listen to their advice if/when you move up to higher limits. As you go up in limits, you'll have to tighten up more.

But to say that a 25VPIP is too high at .5/1, IMHO, is borderline flat-out wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

who said that?
Old 04-24-2004, 06:37 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
My God, if you are mucking KQs and AJs in a .50/$1 game for a single raise you are WAY TOO TIGHT! Learn when to call and when to reraise with these, then learn to play them Correctly after the flop. This is not a Tight $15/$30 game! It is a learning game where much can be won from poor players with these hands...............

[/ QUOTE ]

think about it logically. at 15/30 (I've never played 15/30) I'm assuming the average PFR is probably like 7-9. at .5/1 the PFR average is like 3. .5/1 is PASSIVE and when people raise it generally means something. dominated is dominated, no matter who you're playing against. if a person only raises premium hands, then KQs and AJs will lose you a lot of money if you're 3-betting their raises up front.
Old 04-24-2004, 07:08 PM

[I have Illum's note-exporter that categorizes players per M$ Sunshine's scale and today at $2/$4 for the first time I saw someone "VERY-Tight/Aggressive" but there are alot of Tight/Aggressive, Tight/Med-Aggressive, Med-Tight/Aggressive, and Med-Tight/Med-Aggressive. This guy was ~12% VP$IP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where does one get the notes exporter? I have been manually filling in the notes and exporting them to Party Poker...VERY time intensive. Is the exporter available for sale?

Thanks!