Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 06:22 PM

Default None of this felt right. AJo

I felt dirty the second I cold-called the preflop raise and basically from there in. Is this a preflop muck? That seems too tight. Is it a raise? If so, how come it is a raise?

Reads are non-existant, first orbit at the table haven't seen anything from CO.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: (5.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

River: (9.20 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 11.20 BB
Old 09-28-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Re: None of this felt right. AJo

I don't cold call AJ. Too many times you're dominated.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:41 PM

I don't like the cold call.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:42 PM

It is a definite preflop muck, even AQo against normal players would be a preflop muck. Flop call is bad, bettor is right before you and you could face a raise behind and you don't have odds to draw (discount your overcard outs).

Turn and river played fine since you hit the J and got lucky.

Remember to generally fold AJo to a raise (except in BB of course). If its sooted AJs then you can cold call if there are cold callers already/others will cold call behind you as it is a much better hand multiway.

Only 3 bet AJo against maniacs to isolate.

Hope this helps
Old 09-28-2005, 07:00 PM

Fold pre-flop. If it were suited, I'd call against an unknown. Here, an unknown raises after someone has limped... I'd put him on your typical raising hands. AK-AQ, TT-AA, and MAYBE KQ if you're lucky. You really only want him to turn over TT and KQ. Don't worry about being too tight when other's raise. You should be playing extremely tight when there's a raise before you!

Flop: Call was "okay". You barely had the odds to continue with overcards and BDSD, and that's only when you factor in implied odds. You also might have high reverse implied odds here if an ace hits the turn. Folding probably would be better.

Turn-River: Good.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:01 PM

Fold preflop, fold the flop. You're a dog against the pfr's range of hands.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:34 PM

I'm def folding this pf. Cold calling with off suited cards is never a good idea, especially when you have no idea of the raising standards of the CO.

Think the flop call is fine because of the size of the pot. Turn raise fine and river not a scare card so fine betting out.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:40 PM

This is a muck preflop except against a very aggressive player. (maybe &gt;15% PFR) In that case, you 3-bet to isolate. Cold-calling is a big no-no.

Everything looks fine after that, but I think you lost to an overpair that was scared by the J98 on the board.

You usually fold in these cases because the primary pre-flop raising hands are AA-JJ and AK-AQ. All of these have you in bad shape.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:44 PM

After the cold-call I htink its OK. May even raise the flop. However, Im riasing or folding this preflop read-dependant. Probably usually folding at full table.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:45 PM

raise or fold when first to act on a CC, i vote fold in this case.

I'd like to raise the flop as well if i'm playing it, to clean up your J outs. But that won't change that your ace outs aren't too clean either.