Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-30-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: I may not ever make a MTT FT

Try some of the Stars 180 person SNGs. The fields a re weak, and there are less people to wade through. You can definitely get the feeling of "going deep" in one of these. You never know, I had a long FT drought then hit two on back to back tourneys of 400 and 850 people. Hang in there.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:05 PM

Like someone else stated I recommend trying smaller field tournies until you can get a few good finishes. You should then get a feeling of the different stages of these things without having also to deal with 1000+ people. If you do well in STTs hopefully you understand what I'm throwin down because you also have to adapt to different parts of a STT.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:52 PM

Smaller field is key. You're first MTT win won't be with 1000+ people.

I agree- try a field with 200-300.

Also, if you're losing a lot of races early- you may be going 'all-in' too much. I've been doing well with MTT's lately, and I typically don't end up pushing my chips until i'm on the bubble, or severly short-stacked, or have the nut hand.

I also thought getting a chip lead early was critical, but it really doesn't matter. There's nothing wrong with hanging around average, knowing that you'll eventually double thru a few people and build your stack.

The final table is the great chip equalizer.

GL
Old 11-30-2005, 09:02 PM

You've played roughly 80 1000+ runner tournaments, and no final tables? No big deal. I highly doubt there's anyone on this board who has never been in the same situation. Exit posted his stats, and (I'm going off memory here) he makes an FT about 1.2% of the time. Moreover, he's better than you are (No offense, he's better than a lot of people.), so don't sweat it.