Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 03:56 AM

Default Poker Superstars Invitational 2 a new low

Of all the hands shown tonight only 1 hand had any play after the flop (it was bet and folded after the flop) all the rest were either taken down preflop or all-in preflop.

This is just a horrible show, Fox should be embarassed to even show it.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Re: Poker Superstars Invitational 2 a new low

Yeah, it was pretty dull to watch. I had hopes for the show if every episode was two hours like last week (although that was also all preflop) but this was just an unwatchable mess.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:26 AM

I was watching from a distance - it didn't look too good - I didn't even recognize anyone besides Barry.

RB
Old 03-21-2005, 01:58 PM

The blind structure is rediculous. They're not going to get good poker with blinds that high relative to the stacks. I had high hopes for this series - I think Fox Sports has been pretty good about showing actual poker and not all-in fests with their past shows, but they have definitely taken a step backwards with this tournament.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:12 PM

It got particularly laughable when there were twenty minutes left in the show and Freddy Deeb had his opponent (name?) all-in and drawing slim twice in a row. First Deeb flopped top pair of Aces and turned trips only to get rivered by a flush. Then Deeb's AA split a pot with A7o when the flop came 4,3,2 and a 5 hit on the river.

I was watching the show with my mother and both times I told her what was coming on the river based simply on how much time was left in the show.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:57 PM

I thought it was laughable when there were 100K+ chip position changes between commercials. (There was one near the end where Deeb one a huge pot & had about a 3-1 lead, then after the commercial he's a 2-3 dog)
Old 03-21-2005, 03:04 PM

I like the one where Esfandiari loses over 600k to David Grey when his A7 gets cracked by 64 or something, and they just mention it like nothing happened after the commercial break. And they don't show it. Makes no sense....
Old 03-21-2005, 04:29 PM

My only guess here is that they are trying to get through all these prelim. rounds quickly and then once it gets down to the final table, they will expand the coverage.

But yes, this current format is a joke.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:42 PM

There are 22 more of these elimination rounds.. the problem is the format that they want to cram a ridiculous SnG format into 1 hour, not buy editing and showing relevant hands with a good format, but instead by making a format that ensures that there is as few of hands as possible. This format is not skill based, it is push push push with any two cards because the blinds dictate it.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:05 PM

what's more, a s&g can last an hour online and this is live. they have to cut it down to 42 min or so after commercials, so the blinds need to escalate so they can show as much of it as possible. they should have started with tables of 3 or 4...would've been better.