Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Raised Pot, TPTK, BB Special

I have been working hard on some SSHE concepts, particularly in this hand the concept of hand protection vs. waiting for the turn to raise, whether I can protect my hand, or raising for value.

Reads on the table. Table has no TAGS (except for myself). Villain is a Tight Aggressive Neutral (Eagle for those using BisonBison rankings). The villain is position aware but will raise with overcards (AK and AQ) and will bet out with them. Although I have not seen him do so from the SB after the flop. Aggression also makes him nervous, he won't fold but will move into passive mode.

The other three players are loose/passive, not a signifcant amount of hands on them but more then 15 on each with VPIP of 35,42,and 28 respectively, none with post flop aggression of greater then .5 and I have seen enough of what they show down to get a good feel that they have a wide calling range.

I would not put it past the early limpers to pull the limp reraise with a big hand, but again, I figured the odds of that were very slim. I honestly thought about folding here because of the range of hands I put the villain on, but the odds were too good to let it go.

Party Poker (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds,MP1 calls, MP2 Folds, MP3 Calls, CO Folds, Button Calls, SB Raises, Hero Completes, All Call

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>(10 SB)
SB Bets, Hero.....????

What is your move here? Is this an obvious raise? a call to bring along others, I don't like to fold here, but I have limited SB to TT - AA and very remotely,AK, AQ, but I feel the it is more likely the big pair. At the time, I honestly thought I was behind to the villain.

Any thoughts?