Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 06:57 PM

Default 30/60 AA do you like this?

full table party 30/60. I'm dealt black aces in the sb.
the two villains had been verrry aggressive post flop.
do you like the way i played this?

UTG raises, UTG+1 3 bets, folded to hero who calls, UTG caps, UTG+1 calls.

flop: 7s 3d 2h
hero checks, UTG bets, UTG+1 raises, hero calls, UTG 3 bets, UTG+1 caps, hero calls, UTG calls.

turn: 7s 3d 2h 2d
hero checks, UTG bets, UTG+1 raises, hero calls, UTG 3 bets, hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

river: 7s 3d 2h 2d 2c
hero checks, UTG bets, UTG+1 raises, hero calls, UTG 3 bets, UTG+1 calls, hero caps, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Re: 30/60 AA do you like this?

Sorry, no.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
full table party 30/60. I'm dealt black aces in the sb.
the two villains had been verrry aggressive post flop.
do you like the way i played this?

UTG raises, UTG+1 3 bets, folded to hero who calls, UTG caps, UTG+1 calls.

flop: 7s 3d 2h
hero checks, UTG bets, UTG+1 raises, hero calls, UTG 3 bets, UTG+1 caps, hero calls, UTG calls.

turn: 7s 3d 2h 2d
hero checks, UTG bets, UTG+1 raises, hero calls, UTG 3 bets, hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

river: 7s 3d 2h 2d 2c
hero checks, UTG bets, UTG+1 raises, hero calls, UTG 3 bets, UTG+1 calls, hero caps, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Love it! Perfect spot I think to play aces that way.

-Scott
Old 08-18-2005, 07:10 PM

I kinda see what you are trying to do, but disagree with it. If they are as aggressive as you say, playing that passively usually means you are losing bets. It turns out you only missed bets on the turn, but that shouldn't have happened. When playing against opponents this aggressive, you should be thinking about three betting a raise rather than checkraising a bet.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:17 PM

I don't like to slowplay in raised pots against over aggersive opp. You are giong to be 3 betting them often anyway. I think it is important that they fear a big hand when you do. If you fastplay your big hands sometimes you win a big pot without a fight as they are more likely to give up.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:19 PM

It turns out you only missed bets on the turn

No way. If he backraises on the turn (for a cap nonetheless) there's no way in hell these two will keep going at it on the river. 2 overaggro players may well keep raising the [censored] out of eachother with marginal hands, but when a more sane player wakes up and puts in a 3-bet or cap amidst their shenanigans, most of them are likely to put the brakes on quick. It looks like he definately extracted the max here.

I might have been tempted to 3 bet the river here though (and probably cost myself 2 big bets) because there's no guarantee the original bettor will 3-bet for you here.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:48 PM

4-bet preflop, 3-bet flop, raise the turn. On the river, generally, you have a monster, but the betting action indicates a bigger boat is quite possible. I don't know that I cap it...both probably aren't full of crap.

Jeff
Old 08-18-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It turns out you only missed bets on the turn

No way. If he backraises on the turn (for a cap nonetheless) there's no way in hell these two will keep going at it on the river. 2 overaggro players may well keep raising the [censored] out of eachother with marginal hands, but when a more sane player wakes up and puts in a 3-bet or cap amidst their shenanigans, most of them are likely to put the brakes on quick. It looks like he definately extracted the max here.

I might have been tempted to 3 bet the river here though (and probably cost myself 2 big bets) because there's no guarantee the original bettor will 3-bet for you here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Hero comes alive and suddenly these two sit up and take notice...and usually slow down.

I think he made the max.

-Scott
Old 08-18-2005, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4-bet preflop, 3-bet flop, raise the turn. On the river, generally, you have a monster, but the betting action indicates a bigger boat is quite possible. I don't know that I cap it...both probably aren't full of crap.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice IMO. And him representing his big hand properly might help to minimize the carnage if he is indeed behind, instead of the guy with KK costing him 700BB's vs. 777, 333 or 2222.

Nigel