Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 02:08 AM

Default 50/100 kjs river play?

50/100 at absolute poker 6 handed. im in sb with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J
what wud u have done on river?

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. folded to very loose and aggressive button who raises , i 3 bet, bb caps, button calls, i call.

flop A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
i bet, bb raises, button folds, i call.

turn A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
i check, bb bets, i raise, he calls.

river A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] i bet, bb raises, i curse and call.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:29 AM

Default Re: 50/100 kjs river play?

I don't think the river is the interesting street in this hand. Lets start with the flop

The aggressor is to your right. The lagg will probably call one bet from him, as a bet is expected, and might raise hoping to represent an Ace. This gives you an opportunity to get at least 2 bets from each of them, possibily as many as 4. I think leading the flop is playing this hand backwards. Given that you did, the BB clearly has a lot of clean shots at your hand, and will give you action on this board. 3 bet and hope like hell he caps before a diamond scares or broadway scares him, or makes him a equal or better hand.

On the turn, unless you know this player will NEVER check behind, going for a c/r here is not wise. If the BB is that aggressive and has a standard PF capping range (meaning a set or top two is likely and a flush is not, the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] being on the board is very important here) I think you gain much more by leading and then 3betting then you do c/r and representing a flush.

Given he called your turn c/r he must have outs against the hand your representing. I c/c the river, but my river play is weak.

thoughts?

lf