Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2005, 10:09 PM

Default MLG\'s post-bubble AQ hand in Stars 350K

MLG suggested starting a thread on this hand to discuss. I'm sketchy on the details, but here's how I think it went.
Hero is in MP with ~45k chips, 2k/4k blinds, picks up AQo. (Was it suited?) The table's big stack with 80k or so raises to 12k from UTG or UTG+1. Per MLG's earlier note, this guy has been using his stack to bully. The short stack immediately to his left pushes his 25-30k. Hero pushes.

Thoughts? Corrections?
Old 03-13-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Re: MLG\'s post-bubble AQ hand in Stars 350K

That sounds about right. I was unfortunately stuck in between those two at that table.

I was shocked when he flipped over AQ. Ok, so the big stack has any two. I'd put short stack on mid pair or higher, AT-AK, KQ. I didn't think MLG needed to gamble so much at that point after a raise and a reraise. I'd love to hear his thoughts on it.. but he's busy at the final table right now [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2005, 11:54 PM

What is MLG's name on stars?
Old 03-13-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is MLG's name on stars?

[/ QUOTE ]
anakinso
Old 03-14-2005, 12:02 AM

It seems pretty routine to me, but then I'm an outsider to this forum.

Nutcase raises, short stack with Ax or small pair gets upset/desperate and pushes, Hero with semi-proper hand isolates and gets huge odds about a flip or better.

Lori
Old 03-14-2005, 12:09 AM

If you think the shortstack is on a resteal and that the original raiser will kindly duck out of the way, then yes, I like this move. My question for MLG was largely whether that was his perception of the situation; while restealing from a maniac with nothing is a move that I expect to see out of good, observant players, I'm not sure that I'm going to assume that that is how somebody is operating barring a fairly strong read to the contrary. And the reraiser wasn't so shortstacked that he couldn't have held off on pushing with some of the more marginal hands he could have here.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:05 AM

I'm sure MLG will comment. But if you were watching the table, the initial raiser had a large stack (80kish), and was attempting to run over the table. No real info on the shortstack who pushed for 25k or so. But the shortstack was about to have the blinds hit him. And everyone was licking their chops to resteal from the big stack (Atleast, everyone who had balls). And in those situations, the range of hands to resteal with gets alot larger.

Nick
Old 03-14-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But if you were watching the table, the initial raiser had a large stack (80kish), and was attempting to run over the table. No real info on the shortstack who pushed for 25k or so. But the shortstack was about to have the blinds hit him. And everyone was licking their chops to resteal from the big stack (Atleast, everyone who had balls). And in those situations, the range of hands to resteal with gets alot larger.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-14-2005, 02:22 AM

standard.