Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Pokermentor.net?

Does anyone know anything about pokermentor.net?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Pokermentor.net?

Not really but you can find more here or ask about them here
Old 08-24-2005, 03:16 PM

I signed up with Pokermentor a while ago. I think it is a pretty good website (especially since it's free). They offer rakeback at an okay rate and they are willing to negotiate.

The best part is probably the hand analysis. I know it took me from an okay player to a pretty good one and my win rate has improved. I used to be a bonus/prop whore before I went to their site. Now, though, most of my profit comes from my play.

I feel that having the ability to have someone look over an entire session of your hands every day will quickly improve your play. If you are having trouble with some of the standard plays this site could have a dramatic effect. So far, I have gotten to 1.95 BB/100 8 tabling $2/$4 with a little less than 100k hands. I feel like I'm ready to make the move back to $3/$6 and I think this site helped out a lot.

Also, in the student forum you can look at the reviews of the hands of every other student who has had their hands reviewed. I spent a lot of time printing off and going through thousands of hands while at the same time submitting my own. I learned that I was missing a lot of value betting (big surprise [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

If you would like more information feel free to PM or email me. Also, if you sign up I would appreciate it if you would use me for a referral and let me know that you signed up.

Lozing
Old 08-24-2005, 03:56 PM

If you have any questions you can email pokermentor@hotmail.com.

Ponks
Old 08-24-2005, 08:12 PM

Pokermentor made me. It's teh [censored].
Old 08-24-2005, 10:06 PM

Our system is more geared towards creating or helping multi-tabling middle limit players rather then the highest limit players looking to gain a few small edges.

Ponks
Old 08-27-2005, 04:47 PM

Ponks and I are such fans of 2+2 we wanted to do something similiar, we just wanted to improve upon one thing which is explained well by a quote from one of my students:

"This site is a nice poker community that provides individualized analysis and attention and when you post a hand for review you don't get 3 pages of posters telling you what you should have done (all of them contradicting the other)"

Basically, we wanted a place where players could put 100% confidence in the responses to their hand histories.