Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2004, 04:25 AM

Default Who are these morons?

According to pokertracker, I'm finally a smiley-face. VP$IP at 22% and falling. Now for aggression....

PokerRoom 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (15.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (18.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 21.50 BB, between Hero, MP3 and SB.</font>
Old 10-03-2004, 04:29 AM

Default Re: Who are these morons?

Seems to me like your top pair is beat. I'm guessing you're up against JJ-AA again here, especially with capped betting pre-flop. That having been said, I call down and make him show me the cards.

If the betting is capped PF and I'm holding AQs, I am really only happy to see some kind of strong draw - there is a chance of domination if you hit your ace, and a chance of an overpair if you hit your queen.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If the betting is capped PF and I'm holding AQs, I am really only happy to see some kind of strong draw - there is a chance of domination if you hit your ace, and a chance of an overpair if you hit your queen.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of actions do you translate this to? Raise AQs, but fold if it gets capped behind you?

Raise w/top pair top kicker, but fold if it gets capped behind you?
Old 10-03-2004, 07:20 AM

No, calling down is correct. You played it fine.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would fold when it is 2 back to me on the flop. Assuming they aren't maniacs... what are you ahead of that is worth a pre-flop and flop cap? AK of clubs?
Old 10-03-2004, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would fold when it is 2 back to me on the flop. Assuming they aren't maniacs... what are you ahead of that is worth a pre-flop and flop cap? AK of clubs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero has 5 outs, though most of them are dirty. All aces are dirty if someone has KT, and the Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] isn't pretty either. Still, there are 28 sb when it's 2 to Hero, so it's 14:1 on the call. And even if Hero makes his hand on the turn anyone with two clubs has a strong redraw.

I'm still leaning towards calling, unless someone with a low agg factor is doing some of that raising.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hero has 5 outs, though most of them are dirty. All aces are dirty if someone has KT, and the Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] isn't pretty either. Still, there are 28 sb when it's 2 to Hero, so it's 14:1 on the call. And even if Hero makes his hand on the turn anyone with two clubs has a strong redraw.

I'm still leaning towards calling, unless someone with a low agg factor is doing some of that raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

After that action there is no way he has five outs. I would say he has less than three outs. Maybe I'm too pessimistic but I would only call if I had a read that one of the others is overly aggressive or if the board was three toned.
Old 10-03-2004, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After that action there is no way he has five outs. I would say he has less than three outs. Maybe I'm too pessimistic but I would only call if I had a read that one of the others is overly aggressive or if the board was three toned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta get better at being clear. The 5 outs have to be discounted, as implied. The only question is if they have to be discounted so far that it's unprofitable to call.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:57 PM

Unless without specific reads, I would fold this PF after it is capped back to me.
Old 10-03-2004, 05:00 PM

SB is sLA-A
MP3 is TP-P

In retrospect, I don't think I payed any attention to the reads I had on these players. SB usually respects my raises. MP3 TP-P 3-bet twice.

Results in white:
<font color="white">SB shows KK. MP3 shows AA. Ajax410 looks like a genius. MHING. </font>