Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Coach Listing

[ QUOTE ]
Lastly, I ask that anyone who gets coached will PM me with some feedback. I will never share it with the coach. I won't offer your name as a reference unless you'd like me to. I will not quote you unless you give me permission to.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you are saying is that if someone asks you about a list of coaches you will give it to them together with anonymous quotations from players who for some reason have something to say about this coach?

Its a bit like the system in the old communist coumtries. Anyone can report you but you will never know who it is and why they are saying what they are saying so u cant defend yourself.

Or am I missunderstanding something?

If not, its a really bad idea. I guess most coaches got a webpage or are well known posters at this forum. If not I am not sure a quotation will do it.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:24 PM

thats a good point. However I dont think the coaching market is so cutthroat and everyone here pretty much knows everyone else, and are pretty honest, so I prolly dont see it being an issue. But still, you are prolly right and thats not the best setup.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thats a good point. However I dont think the coaching market is so cutthroat and everyone here pretty much knows everyone else, and are pretty honest, so I prolly dont see it being an issue. But still, you are prolly right and thats not the best setup.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have heard that Kiddo and Alobar are sucky coaches. I am available for $400/hour [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] J/k, i dont coach and i hear the two aforementioned guys are excellent.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:40 PM

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask. But would coaches ever work on a very specific part of a person's game? For example, I'm convinced my BB play sucks, and is really holding me back. I might be interested in a coaching session, if somehow it could be tailored to deal with BB play in particular. But I'm not sure if that's really feasible.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:44 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok im glad this si getting some suggestions. can someone draft me up a quick reference system?
Old 12-02-2005, 04:46 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask. But would coaches ever work on a very specific part of a person's game? For example, I'm convinced my BB play sucks, and is really holding me back. I might be interested in a coaching session, if somehow it could be tailored to deal with BB play in particular. But I'm not sure if that's really feasible.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good point. i should have gotten an email address for all the coaches. that way i can send out a mass email like "poster wynton is looking for help with blind play. please tell me if you are interested and strong in that area" since a directory alone wouldnt help.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:48 PM

its not hard to coach blind play. you can just record yourself through video when youre in the BB or only send hand histories to your coach of blind hands.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like everything till this part:

[ QUOTE ]
I will never share it [PM'd feedback]with the coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

if there's a way to get around the privacy issue, i think a coach would become better via the feedback. you should ask the student if its ok to send feedback to the coach for "quality control purposes"

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, even though this is shorthanded, i dont want to discourage any full ring players. it would be a shame if someone like you was interested in coaching but wasnt on the list. so i just added a full ring question
Old 12-02-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its not hard to coach blind play. you can just record yourself through video when youre in the BB or only send hand histories to your coach of blind hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I thought that a coach might say he needs to see the dynamics of the entire table to provide appropriate advice. But I'd defer to the wisdom of others.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:19 PM

most people who are playing 500+ hands/hr dont have a great sense of table dynamics when theyre playing. stats should be fine.