6 11 7.97%
5 19 13.77%
4 8 5.80%
3 8 5.80%
2 2 1.45%
1 13 9.42%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Who is the worst NFL starting QB?

I did erad your post. I assumed when you said "marching down the field" you meant run. Sorry if I misinterpreted it...

A few things:

1. I don't care who your qb is, if he gets hit ten times a game he won't play every week and he won't play many years.

2. If by "marching down the field" you're saying you want a qb who can lead the offense on drives, well, umm, yeah, I'm fairly sure everyone will agree with you. You don't gain points for originality....

3. To say a QB who has never played in the NFL is a step up from one who has is really, really stupid.

Sorry if I misinterpreted your original point.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:31 PM

yeah, thats cool, didnt mean to jump in your [censored]. been a bad day.

You're absolutely right about college qb's vs. NFL qb's. However, I will defend my position only by saying that it has been wholly depressnig to be a houston citizen under Carr, and I would be lying if I didnt say I'd take damn near anyone, just for a change of pace.

I also have to wonder, does any of the blame in houston come down to the line coach? if the guys are in the NFL, I would think they have the raw physical ability to get it done, then it comes down to coaching right?
Old 11-07-2005, 05:40 PM

Yeah, I'm a Jets fan. I have been witness to awful Quarterbacking for years, I understand.

I think, in general, talent is more important than coaching when it comes to the O line. The only O line coach I know to seemingly always get it done is Alex Gibbs, and most credit that to his devotion to the chop block. I'm sure there are a bunch of o line coaches who can turn a good group of blockers into a great line. But I'm not sure the difference is all that great when dealing with mediocre players.

The thing about Houston is that this line has been horrible for years now. The blame for all of this should go straight to the FO. Yes, they drafted Boselli with their first pick and he never played. But that was, what?, like 3 years ago?
Old 11-07-2005, 05:49 PM

amen. the FO sucks... it all started with calling them "The Texans".

You make a good point about O Line coaches. Im wondering now how this problem could be alleviated? Im sure that we could trade for some aging linemen, or gamble on some picks, but we can't give up the scant talent taht we have to pick up proven linemen, and no one would want ours.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:54 PM

coaching scheme matters a ton. imo, the real key is getting that solid LT then 4 maulers for the rest of the line. Houston should love whatever franchise lt they get this draft.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
coaching scheme matters a ton. imo, the real key is getting that solid LT then 4 maulers for the rest of the line. Houston should love whatever franchise lt they get this draft.

[/ QUOTE ]

this would be the obvious move, but methinks you're giving too much credit to the FO.

we shall see
Old 11-07-2005, 07:03 PM

One thing you have to remember is that part of an O-Line's success or failure is the ability to pick up the blitz. Generally, the responsability of recognizing the blitz falls on the Center and QB.

Since I don't watch Texans' games I have no idea how good Carr is at blitz recognition, but I'm assuming he isn't very good.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. Like I said, I don't really know much about o lines. FWIW, I think this is their man. He's got a knee thing though.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:00 PM

Cody Pickett just sewed this one up with his stellar 1-13, 1INT performance today.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:29 PM

Yupz.