Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Saving a Bet....and Some Poor Turn Play?

30-60 on Party. I have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button. Unknown MP opens for a raise and I reraise. A loose player calls out of the SB and the BB folds. MP calls and we see the flop 3-ways.

4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets, MP calls and I call. Turn is the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB bets, MP calls and I raise. SB now reraises, MP coldcalls and I call. Anyone let go of this here in my spot?

River is the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB checks, MP now bets, I fold and SB calls. Comments?

Jeff
Old 09-22-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Saving a Bet....and Some Poor Turn Play?

What are the odds MP is being creative with AT on the river? I agree it looks like you're done on the turn though.

- Jim
Old 09-22-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are the odds MP is being creative with AT on the river? I agree it looks like you're done on the turn though.

- Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter, SB has him killed here. If he was bluffing the turn he would have led the river.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:43 PM

Not to mention...MP's play seems pretty clearly like a flush draw to me when he called two cold on the turn. I think he knows SB isnt folding yet he still bets...he wants the call and doesnt want to see it go check, check, check. What about the turn...live this might be an easier muck, even against a loose player. Online, I probably still should have folded.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:50 PM

As to the turn fold I don't think you can do it.
Pot's big and SB could easily have just two pair. Not that I don't think he can't have you drawing dead or to two outs, but I would be calling alot of river cards here.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:52 PM

I don't think you can fold on this turn, but I usually raise the flop in multiway pots.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:54 PM

If you raise the flop, you can fold on the turn to a check raise. Thats how I would have played it with this board.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:03 PM

If I raised the flop, wouldn't some people put me on a big cards raise and checkraise the turn with a hand I'm beating?

Jeff
Old 09-22-2005, 04:10 PM

some people would, most wouldn't -- in my experience. a turn bluff or semi bluff raise against a seemeingly strong hand (yours) is rare I think. (so if you ever play me, you know how to beat me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2005, 04:27 PM

That is a harder fold to make on the turn than you make it seem like. If I raise the flop and get check raised on the turn, there are still some hands I am beating, and a lot of the hands I am not beating I have a good number of outs against (specifically if he has two pair). Not an easy fold on the turn to a check raise.