Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2005, 01:00 PM

Default I must be retarded to do this

I keep making the same stupid ass mistake over and over again. I do it in tournaments, I do it in my home cash games.

I'm not a bad player, I swear.

I'll talk about the instance last night. Cash home game, .50/1 NLH. I was chipleader, had a bad beat on the previous hand and lost a chunk, but I am still up from my buy in. I decide, you know what, I'm tired of this jackyl raising the flop. I'm gonna come over him and make it $3 before the flop (which is considered a nice bit). About 60% of the time, he'll fold, 40% he'll call to see the flop.

Yadda yadda yadda, he bets, I go all in on nothing but a backdoor flush on the flop, which puts him entirely all in. He calls so quick it makes my skin crawl. I (of course) didn't catch my flush and he catches trips on the river.

What the hell is wrong with me?? I use my all-in as a weapon, but I always pick the wrong damn time to be macho with my chiplead. This brings me down from about $40 to a measly 5 or 6 bucks in chips. I've made some miraculous comebacks before, but situations like this put me on a crazy tilt (or in a tourney, comepletely out).

Ugggghhhhh someone help/hit me.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: I must be retarded to do this

I used to do this sometimes in home games. Just take time to think about your decision before you act, don't just think F this and push. I found that just pausing for a couple of seconds every time I was considering a push would allow me to realise whether it was tilt-induced or not.

You might get responses in the small stakes no limit forum.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Re: I must be retarded to do this

When I play small stakes home games I do the same, but only cause its fun. I think you need to try to take the game more seriously and look at whats the +ev play.