Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 09:11 PM

Default Opinion, please?

Just won a STT but am questioning some of my hands. I would like to know how you guys feel about certain hands in certain positions at one of these tables. How would you suggest playing these hands against certain types of players, mostly LAGs and TAGs.

NL single table, I'm in the chiplead for most of the game because I doubled up early and gradually grew. We're down to 4 people for each of these hands, and blinds have become 200/400. All players have a knack for mixing up their play pretty well.

1. KK on the button (don't want to scare them away..)
2. Ax heads up when everyone else has folded. (Smallish all in bet to you)
3. Hi-Lo suited cards, K9, Q8, J7...no super low cards like 3s or 4s. (Late position)
4. Suited connectors, when a raise is out there. (any position)

I feel that while most of these cards are not great (ex. KK), in such a shorthanded situation and one player on slight tilt for a part of the game, some would be possible. I folded most #2-4's, but I feel that perhaps I was a bit too tight. Thanks for your time guys, I appreciate it.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Opinion, please?

Your post seems a bit confusing, usually at 200/400 and on the bubble you are pushing or folding.

Its also very dependant on how big of a chipleader you are, and how small the other stacks are.

1)KK I would minraise on the button, if called I would probably go allin (pushing or calling) any flop without an Ace.

2)Depends on too many factors
3)Depends on the size of the stacks still to act. If I have a huge lead I'm probably bully pushing into them. Hell, even if THEY have ME covered I'd still push from SB and possibly the button.
4)If there is a raise that isnt allin at 200/400 then the player probably doesnt understand how to play, or is trapping with a monster. In either case, Im not playing suited connectors against a raise.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:30 PM

It really helps to include all the elements of your hands (chip stacks most notably). hard to say what I do w/o that info. Try emailing entire hands or HH's and you can get a better response.

in short, w/ a big stack/chip lead on the bubble, you want to be pushing a lot of hands and calling w/ almost none/very few.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:35 PM

I didn't mean to empasize the fact that the game is on the bubble. I understand Bubble play and understand what you guys are saying. What about when we're down to 3?
Old 09-02-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't mean to empasize the fact that the game is on the bubble. I understand Bubble play and understand what you guys are saying. What about when we're down to 3?

[/ QUOTE ]

Steal at least one set of blinds each round. That should tell you something about how wide range of hands you have to play.