Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2004, 05:11 PM

Default ub

is there something wrong with ub? everyone seems to play at party poker or poker stars why is that
Old 07-21-2004, 06:51 PM

Default Re: ub

There is certainly nothing wrong with UB, each site has pros an cons and you must balance your own personal wants/needs with the strengths/weaknesses of the site. I feel that any of the big four sites isn't that far ahead/behind any of the others when you look at the overall big picture (games, software, support, rake, promotions, etc). For example, Party is generally regarded to have the best ring game action, but their software is the worst of the big four, customer support is less than stellar, and the rake structure is one of the highest on the net. UB might have slightly less action, but better rake and support (I can't say for sure as I don't play UB very much, but in the end these things are going to balance out). Anyways, find a site you enjoy and have fun. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Peace,
J

EDIT: Just for future reference, you'll probably get a better response to questions like this from the internet gambling forum. GL.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:30 PM

thank you
Old 07-22-2004, 02:58 PM

For games such as 2/4, the rake at UB is significantly higher at UB than Party. Party's software is better. The number of games at Party is much higher than UB's. If your playing at UB then your paying more to play on worse software in worse games.
Old 07-22-2004, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party's software is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how anyone can honestly say this. I mean, my buttons never disappeared in the middle of a hand at UB. They have, and continue to occassionally do so, at Party.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:33 PM

From time to time, I get the same button problems at Party and agree that it sucks.

I guess I should have left out the software, as it is more of a matter of opinion (the others are a statement of fact). For me personally, I have some trouble reading the the smaller text (a thin ariel font) and cards running at 1600 x 1200 on my setup. I find this especially true when dealing with the white text and black background.