Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Check-raised again

Villian here and just sat down, but in the few hands he played he showed some aggression.

I'd like to know what your guys' preferred line is from the turn on.

5 handed

Folded to you in the CO. You raise Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

3 to the flop, 6 small bets

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, SB calls, BB folds

Heads up to the turn, 4 big bets

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises...

7:1 to call the check-raise.

4:1 to get to showdown.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Check-raised again

If you wanna stop getting c/r'ed, stop betting [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Without a more exact read, I think any line is going to be a guess. Is he savvy enough to cr a hand like J9 or A3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] here HU? My default line is non-existent here. W/O a read, I play by my gut (isn't that awful?) and call down if I feel it and fold if I don't. Here I would guess at a calldown, what with him being aggressive (and I also get to see what he defends his BB with).

-Jaran

edited for spelling
Old 11-04-2005, 04:49 PM

BB or SB folds?
If he showed some aggression 1:4 is good for me. I call him down with TPGK.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:55 PM

I reraise the turn. If BB is aggressive, he may be figuring you for a pushing a draw. When the draw didn't come in he might be trying to punish you, figuring you now only have one card to catch the flush, therefore making his equity much bigger if he has a pair.

The things i consider he might have are QJ, Q10, 77, and 33. I would think an aggressive player might have reraised you with QK or AQ before the flop since its 5 handed.

If I'm capped on the turn I check/call river. If he just calls my 3 bet I'd bet out on river (if a safecard falls) and PROBABLY call a raise.

Edit: Is BB tricky enough to call your raise PF with junk to set up a bluff if the flop looks like a good spot?
Old 11-04-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I reraise the turn. If BB is aggressive, he may be figuring you for a pushing a draw. When the draw didn't come in he might be trying to punish you, figuring you now only have one card to catch the flush, therefore making his equity much bigger if he has a pair.

The things i consider he might have are QJ, Q10, 77, and 33. I would think an aggressive player might have reraised you with QK or AQ before the flop since its 5 handed.

If I'm capped on the turn I check/call river. If he just calls my 3 bet I'd bet out on river (if a safecard falls) and PROBABLY call a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to me you're putting in a whole lotta bets with a marginal made hand here. The read was aggressive, not maniac. But I'm willing to listen if you can convince me otherwise.

-Jaran
Old 11-04-2005, 05:08 PM

I'm calling the turn and re-evaluating the river, but planning on calling down. I'm betting if checked to. If he check-raises me again, i'm going to swear and call because i have to know what he's playing this way, but i don't think he check-raises very often here.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:14 PM

I'm generally just calling down if my opponent is aggressive. If he's especially passive I may even fold, but I don't do that that often.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me you're putting in a whole lotta bets with a marginal made hand here. The read was aggressive, not maniac. But I'm willing to listen if you can convince me otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think this hand is better than marginal when playing 5 handed. I don't play shorthanded too much though...

If BB has a hand like A7 or Q9s he might have put you on a draw and figured he should wait till the turn to raise a safe card when his equity advantage was larger. Thats a pure guess though.

He may have Q10 and hit two pair.

If BB is a decent player then I might reraise the turn and fold if he caps knowing I'm definitely beat.

Like you said...its almost a guess. I'd have to have a feel for BB and some reads.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm generally just calling down if my opponent is aggressive. If he's especially passive I may even fold, but I don't do that that often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on. You gotta call this down, because many aggros will check-raise you here with top-pair any kicker, (or even pair+flush draw)
Old 11-04-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on. You gotta call this down, because many aggros will check-raise you here with top-pair any kicker, (or even pair+flush draw)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it would have to be a great read in order to fold.