Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: td converter

[ QUOTE ]
-- I could definitely use some more spacing in there to make it easier to read. Throwing in some line breaks would be very helpful.

-- It's very strange that we're ending each round with a comma.

-- It would be nice to have the blind amount in the blind posting section.

-- If it's feasible to do colored actions like Bison's holdem converter that would be a great readability help as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
**on the undefined problem, I know where it comes from but had no succes today in fixing it. when there is a break line between the player name and his action, the regular expression I use doesnt match, I try to do it
**on the comma I'll try also I cant figure out how to handle that for now
**what do u mean for the blinds ? when I write SB posts, BB posts isn't that enough ? I dont see what you would like to have [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
**color is feaible, I added Hero on italic bold but can put other players in other colors or certain actions in certain colors, if you give me an example I'll try to do it
**I added break lines it's effectivly nicer
Old 10-22-2005, 05:00 AM

** there shouldn't be the undefined anymore
suggestions welcomed on how to display the showdown, I was thinking having a Checkbox 'Display SD', if you check it it will be displayed, if unchecked it will also but in white
Old 10-22-2005, 11:39 PM

New test:

Euri10's TD converter

Hand number: null
Level: $1/$2
Players:
BB($93) seat 0
UTG($102) seat 1
MP($103) seat 2
CO($96) seat 3
Button($83) seat 4
Hero($100) seat 5

Button at seat 4

Hero posts. BB posts.

Hand: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Round 1(0.75BB)

UTG folds. MP calls. CO folds. Button calls. Hero raises. BB folds. MP re-raises. Button calls. Hero calls. Hero takes 1. MP takes 2. undefined.

Hand: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Round 2(4.75BB)

Hero bets. MP calls. Button calls. Hero takes 1. MP takes 2. undefined.

Hand: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Round 3(6.25BB)

Hero checks. MP checks. Button bets. Hero calls. MP folds. Hero takes 1. Button stands pat.

Hand: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Round 4(8.25BB)

Hero checks. Button bets. Hero folds.

I like the spacing and bolding. I think these undefineds are creeping in because Button has a space in his username which is overlapping the line breaks in the hand history:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
timprov takes 1 card. quickspark takes 2 cards. the
fiz takes 2 cards.

</pre><hr />

In rounds 3 and 4 since MP is gone the draws are all on a single line.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I like the spacing and bolding. I think these undefineds are creeping in because Button has a space in his username which is overlapping the line breaks in the hand history:
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
timprov takes 1 card. quickspark takes 2 cards. the
fiz takes 2 cards.
</pre><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran into this while trying to parse UB hand histories, too. My solution was to learn the names (from the chip stack report) and insert new production rules (e.g., name == 'the' 'fiz') for each of them into the recursive decent parser I was using. This allowed the parser to recognize the name even with arbitrary whitespace between the words making up the name. But the parser as a whole proved too slow so I gave up for a while. (I shudder to think what would happen if somebody's name matches one of the other tokens.)

FWIW, I don't think we need a sticky on this until the script is in working order and has a permanent home.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I don't think we need a sticky on this until the script is in working order and has a permanent home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even in its current state, it only takes a minute to fix up any individual hand. I'd like people to start doing that if making hand posts.

Sometime soon, probably between now and Tuesday, there will be a FAQ, and the two current stickies will be unstuck.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:38 AM

mmm Timprov, the thing with the player name cut in the middle with a break line and a space is really vicious.
could you please send me the hand history, I set up an email for that :
euri10converter
@
gmail.com
remove spaces and break lines [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 09:18 AM

mmm sorry in advance to be kind of rude.
if you send me a hand please do it in an attached text file.
the reason is that sometimes the email screw the hand formatting by replacing break lines with spaces etc,....
I still have to work on the special case timprov mentionned.
in the meantime I'll soon change the hosting of this converter on my first website [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
wahoo [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2005, 03:01 PM

ok I think I fixed the bug Mark found recently in the names of the players.
I also added the showdown.
critics are always appreciated, send me hands that dont work in an attached text file [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2005, 05:06 AM

as Mark correctly remarked potsize is wrong.
WAHOOOOOOOOOO this calculation is actually far more complicate than what I originally thought [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
but I'm working on it and expect to solve this this week-end.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:47 AM

potsize should be ok, I'll make an update sunday
however I saw several bugs in the name processing.
reviewing some of my hands I cannot understand how it works in UB.
Here's an example
P1 is at seat 0 with xxx
P2 is at seat 2 with xxx
P3 is at seat 3 with xxx
P4 is at seat 4 with xxx
P5 is at seat 5 with xxx
The button is at seat 2
P4 posts SB, P5 posts BB
if the button is at seat 2, how can P4 and P5 be the SB and BB ?? the logic would be P3 be the SB and P4 be the BB or wtf ?
excuse me if it's obvious be hours on the same problem sometimes makes you blind !