Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 10:32 PM

Default One of a Kind : The Rise and Fall of Stuey \"The Kid\" Ungar, The World\'

I am considering buying this book. Have anybody read it? How do you like it?
Old 07-12-2005, 11:35 PM

Default Re: One of a Kind : The Rise and Fall of Stuey \"The Kid\" Ungar, The World\'

Read it. Must read for any poker player in my opinion. The book is worth the $$ just for the poker stories that Stuey was invoved in, nevermind the horribly honest and realistic view into the life of one of the most talanted card players of all time.
This book is impossible to put down, and gives you an honest discription of Ungar's life that up until now seemed like folklore. Highly recomended
-LL
Old 07-12-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Re: One of a Kind : The Rise and Fall of Stuey \"The Kid\" Ungar, The World\'

I bought this book on Sunday and started reading it as soon as I got home. I finished the entire book in one sitting and did not go to sleep until 7:30 in the morning. Get it.

GS
Old 07-13-2005, 10:42 AM

Highly recommend it. Great read.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Highly recommend it. Great read.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-13-2005, 11:33 AM

Great book. I couldnt put it down. I think its worth a buy even if you dont like poker. Tragic story about a crazy brilliant stupid guy... Figure that out...
Old 07-13-2005, 11:45 AM

I haven't read it, but there's a review in the new 'Poker Player' magazine.

You can read it online at: Poker Player - current issue (page 50)
(In case it's not still the current issue, it's the 7/11/05 issue.)
Old 07-13-2005, 11:54 AM

It is an amazing book as others have said, very hard to put down. Be sure to buy The Profesor, The Banker, and The Suicide King if you haven't already.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Re: One of a Kind : The Rise and Fall of Stuey \"The Kid\" Ungar, The Wo

[ QUOTE ]
It is an amazing book as others have said, very hard to put down. Be sure to buy The Profesor, The Banker, and The Suicide King if you haven't already.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second this. I'm not a very fast reader, but I tore through both of these books very quickly. They are both hard to put down.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bought this book on Sunday and started reading it as soon as I got home. I finished the entire book in one sitting and did not go to sleep until 7:30 in the morning. Get it.

GS

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. I guess the only thing left for me to do then is finding my creditcard and buy it..