Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Pissing off the nits.

I got lucky when my TT beat AA allin on the flop when I first sit down, so table thinks im a bit of a donk. Loose player raises to 12. I call on button with 35 suited. BB who thinks hes awesome, reraises to 40. Hes pretty tag and predictable. Effective stacks are 600, so I call for 28 more.

Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He bets 90 into 100 pot. I called becuae hes shutting dfown on a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or if he has AK or JJ. Turn is a beautiful 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He bets close to full pot, 250. He only has 200 behind so I time down a bit then push. He thinks forever then folds! He says AA but I doubt it given the pot was 1000 with 200 to call.

Villan blasts me for 3 minutes when I get dealt T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and raise to 16. Villan calls (he reloaded to 400)from bb. Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He checks, I bet almost pot,28. He calls. Turn is the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
He checks, I bet 64 into 80 pot. He CR to 200. I push, he calls with QQ. River bricks and hes gunninf for me for the rest of the day, calling me the biggest fish ever and the like. I love nits who tilt.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Pissing off the nits.

Did you have a question? Or a conclusion?
Old 09-16-2005, 02:00 PM

This post had no strategic content whatsoever..

Good read though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2005, 02:16 PM

Sorry, guess I shoulda posted , no strategic content. I forgot, but wtv. I found this funny for some reason and felt like posting it. Althought there is some startegy in the fact that nits tilt and make really bad plays.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you have a question? Or a conclusion?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the conclusion is clear. Titly nits are funny to me.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got lucky when my TT beat AA allin on the flop when I first sit down, so table thinks im a bit of a donk. Loose player raises to 12. I call on button with 35 suited. BB who thinks hes awesome, reraises to 40. Hes pretty tag and predictable. Effective stacks are 600, so I call for 28 more.

Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He bets 90 into 100 pot. I called becuae hes shutting dfown on a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or if he has AK or JJ. Turn is a beautiful 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He bets close to full pot, 250. He only has 200 behind so I time down a bit then push. He thinks forever then folds! He says AA but I doubt it given the pot was 1000 with 200 to call.

Villan blasts me for 3 minutes when I get dealt T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and raise to 16. Villan calls (he reloaded to 400)from bb. Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He checks, I bet almost pot,28. He calls. Turn is the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
He checks, I bet 64 into 80 pot. He CR to 200. I push, he calls with QQ. River bricks and hes gunninf for me for the rest of the day, calling me the biggest fish ever and the like. I love nits who tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am the villain in this hand. I will admit that I was tilting and I do want to apologize for my behavior at the table. Having said that, lets get the story straight.

You said you got lucky with TT vs AA. Lets give some details.
You raised to $16 UTG with TT. There was a call and then a reraise to $60. You called (and only had about $250 or so left).
The flop came Jxx. You checked, he bet full pot and you raised all in with zero folding equity. It was obvious he had AA or KK. He had to call about $125 or so with a pot almost $400.
You hit a T and won the hand. Now THAT is a donkish play if Ive ever seen one.

In our 1st hand...A guy raised to $12, you called and then I reraised. I believe it was to $48 not $40. You called and we were heads up.

The flop came Q65. I bet $90 and you called.
The turn was another 5. I bet $250 and you DID NOT push. You minimum raised me to $500. Now, a blind man can see that my hand is no good at this point so I folded.

Thank you for confirming that I made a great fold. You said that I was pretty predictable. Then why dont you believe that I had AA. What other hand would a predictable player have there? I told you that I would bet my life that I was beaten and I was correct. You got very lucky to catch that miracle card in a pot that big, but thats poker. I shouldnt have let it tilt me.

Our 2nd hand
Once again your details are off.
You raised to $16 and I called with QQ.
You didnt bet $28 on the flop. You bet $16 which was less than 1/2 pot. The flop was Axx with 2 hearts. I made a mistake by just calling. I shouldve raised you because i knew you didnt have an ace.
The turn brought a 3rd heart. I couldnt put you on a flush because the ace of hearts was on the board and I had the queen of hearts. You bet $60 or so and I check raised to $200 thinking you couldnt call. You pushed. It was another $150 to me with a $650 or so pot. I was getting 4-1 so I called.

At this point I had no idea what you had but considering your horrendous all in with the TT, it wasnt completley out of the question for me to be ahead. I didnt think i was, but it was possible. If I wasnt, then I thought I had 2 queens and 9 flush cards for outs. I actually had only 8 outs.

You have to admit that you got very lucky on these hands.
the TT hand you hit a 2 outer
The 2nd hand, you hit a 5 outer at the turn
The 3rd hand you hit a 8 outer at the turn or I take it away from you (unless you check behind). I was check raising no matter what hit the turn.

Like i said, I aplogize for my behavior. I was having a bad day unrelated to poker and I do admit that you tilted me, which Im not proud of.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:26 PM

3rd hand he has more than 8 outs, unless he puts you squarely on a set or 2-pair. Which, with the flop call, isn't really feasible.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3rd hand he has more than 8 outs, unless he puts you squarely on a set or 2-pair. Which, with the flop call, isn't really feasible.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop was A high with 2 bricks and 2 hearts. Lets call it A83. He had T6 of hearts. Where are his other outs when I have QQ? He didnt have a pair and flush draw. Just the flush draw.

He wouldve thought he had 9 but really had 8 since I had the Qh.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:52 PM

Sorry, I was going by what he said, where he had a pair + flush draw.

Really, without some hand histories from either of you, I don't know what to believe.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:04 PM

Im not looking at the HH. I guess its possible there was a 6 on the flop. The rest of the details of his that I corrected, Im sure about.

I responded to his post for a couple reasons.
1) He was obviously gloating for no apparent reason and I wanted to show how bad his play in the TT hand was which is what led to this battle.
2) He said I was predictable. What predicable player plays QQ like I did in the last hand? A fool might (yes I admit I misplayed the hand), but not a predictable player.

Now I'll let you go back to your discussions of strategic value and I'll go back to lurking in the shadows.