Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 04:48 AM

Default Re: Is alcohol the answer? If so, straighten me out OOT

[ QUOTE ]
Believe me, I feel for you, but alcohol isn't going to solve any of this. A lot of people in college don't drink and have a great time. A lot of people in college drink and have a miserable time. They key is finding something you love doing and that makes you happy, and drinking certainly doesn't have to be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for truth.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:48 AM

Enjoy your moderation too. The drinking in frats can be pretty ruinous to people's grades and health. Don't try to fit in so hard you lose your sense of self. Drink to get a different feeling of enjoying who you are, not to cover it up, not to be someone else, and not to conform or please anyone but yourself. It's a lot funnier to laugh at all the guys barfing and pick up on all the chicks than to take yourself out of the party early and get sick as a fool besides.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:53 AM

I just saw in one of your responses that you're thinking about joining a frat next semester. All I can say is that you really should do your homework on the frats and make your priorities before you decide to join. While they certainly give a sense of comaraderie and companionship that it's hard to find anywhere else, it can be a tremendous commitment of time and energy and you have to be sure that that's what you want. Also, for someone who's been so leery of drinking so far, I'm a little curious as to why you want to join something that tends to be so heavily drinking oriented.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:56 AM

YES, alcohol is definately the solution. This is because alcohol INCREASES the testoron levels of girls. This means that they will get more lusty.
So why doesn't this work for us? Well, when we men drink our testosteron levels drop. Alas.

So
Old 11-15-2005, 05:06 AM

Note: I enjoy getting drunk very much but it didn't get me anywhere in that department. Probably b/c all that drinking in HS and college turned me into a fatass.

It doesn't seem like a good idea to start drinking for this reason. Don't lose your idenity just to try and hook up with chicks that you probably wouldn't want to hook up with if you weren't drunk. That is JMO though. If you end up enjoy drinking then that is great. If you don't enjoy it but still do it to fit in, then you might not like your situation down the line.

At any rate, always be responsible and know your limits. Start off slow to figure out exactly how much alcohol will allow you to have a good time at a party. Don't get so trashed that you turn into a sloppy drunk. You will never get anything that way. You also have to put yourself in a position to get some. It does no good getting smashed everynight in your apartment with your roommate. Maybe a few beers will loosen you up to actually get to these parties. Once you are in you don't have to worry much about the alcohol factor. Make sure you are just holding a beer at all times and you will be good to go.

Brad
Old 11-15-2005, 05:06 AM

Watch Roger Dodger
Old 11-15-2005, 05:54 AM

alcohol is the panty dropping juice. It lowers inhibitions. Know your own limits though first. This doesn't not mean coming close to alcohol poisoning .. see how many it takes to give you a buzz. Girls like fruity sugary drinks. Cheap and easy is cheap vodka + juice or cheap rum + coke. gl
Old 11-15-2005, 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
average outgoing chick who's in a sorority and parties on weekends

[/ QUOTE ]

Stay FAR away from these girls.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-15-2005, 07:04 AM

What exactly is third base? I haven't been in the sixth grade in quite a while. I don't know what any of the bases are except for HOME.

Also, I think it's better if we don't use euphemisms for sexual acts in oot, because it's much more interesting to hear exactly what happened. In this case, I suspect it is because he is ashamed that he isn't very successful with the ladies and it's hard to admit that in front of other guys.

Alcohol will obviously help you out. Why are you even asking?
Old 11-15-2005, 07:10 AM

Euphemisms can be fun