Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 02:28 PM

Default 6-max NL bankroll, hours survey

I know things like this have likely been done in the past, but I don't think it would hurt anything to run another survey like this. I'm curious mostly about those of you who play for the better part of your income. I've recently begun to make a run at this as my sole source of income, and I'm curious about where I fit in on some things.

I'd like this to be answered by NL 6-max players only, if you don't mind, as that well help me understand a little bit better where I'm at.

So, let's have this information (I'll provide my answers):

1. Where and what limit do you play?
Full Tilt $.50/$1 NL

2. How many buy-ins are in your bankroll?
20ish. This is probably too low for my level of aggression.

3. What is your biggest downswing? Biggest upswing?
Just getting going, so mine won't be reflective of anything useful. +4 buy-ins over ~1000 hands, -3 buy-ins over ~1000 hands.

4. How many hours do you average per week?
Again, hard to answer as I'm new to this, but I played ~60 hrs last week and have 45 this week (since Friday-Tuesday).

5. What do you feel is a comfortable bankroll for your aggression level, variance, game, and limit?
I think I should probably have about 3.5-4K to be REALLY comfortable at NL100, even though the level of play is so poor that I can't imagine taking a 10-15 buy-in downswing.

Thanks for the info, gents!