Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-20-2005, 11:38 AM

Default My G is too futuristic for that son

Party 5/10. Another hot table, I've got position on two ~65/25 lagtards. Both are aggro pre and post flop and see way too many showdowns.

Lag 1 raises UTG, Lag 2 3-bets, I'm next and I cold cap with JJ. They both call.

Flop is KQx, checked to me, I bet. They both call. This makes me happy because I think if they've got a K or a Q I likely see a raise here.

Turn is a blank, checked to me, I bet Lag 1 calls, Lag 2 drops.

River is a K.

Checked to me, I bet?

Standard?
Old 12-20-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Re: My G is too futuristic for that son

oh hell yeah. don't fold whatever you do.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:42 AM

I'm not sure what the prevailing logic on this board is. Are you planning on bet/folding? If so, I prefer checking. I really doubt he bluff raises here often, but the pot is so big that you can't risk it. I like bet/calling better but I can see villian raising with a Queen here. It's a tricky spot.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what the prevailing logic on this board is. Are you planning on bet/folding? If so, I prefer checking. I really doubt he bluff raises here often, but the pot is so big that you can't risk it. I like bet/calling better but I can see villian raising with a Queen here. It's a tricky spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's a LAG and the top card just paired on the river heads up. I think he bluff raises much more than he should here.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:51 AM

i ususally just wuss out and check behind. maniacs give me problems sometimes though.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:52 AM

I was leaning towards bet folding, but I think it's awfully close. This is more just because what I had seen from their laggery was overplaying made hands, not total air.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:11 PM

I was at a table that sounds exactly the same, and I picked up JJ in the same position you did. However, your LAGtard2 in my case was less of a LAGtard but trying to isolate my LAGtard1 (who was awesome, open raising 57o and bet, then call two more to him on the flop, he was so money).
Anyways, in my case I bet the river and he showed Q7 off after calling 1 million bets. I began checking behind in those cases and value-betting like crazy in other times.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:07 PM

Given the reads, I'd say the only thing that isn't standard is your cryptic title that went over my head.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given the reads, I'd say the only thing that isn't standard is your cryptic title that went over my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha the title is awesome (not that I understand it)
Old 12-20-2005, 02:43 PM

I think betting the river is good poker. Based on your read, if villain had any piece he's going to tell you about it. I think the best he has is a Q here, and he's calling you down w/ lower pp's and maybe even a stupid A high sometimes. It's not a full BB value bet, but I think it is a good value bet.

Edit: Also, the pot is huge, and LAG's hate giving up on huge pots, so his calling range is even larger than normal on this river.