Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 12-01-2005, 11:02 AM

Default DIE

I hit a -70BB downswing to start November, and between two vacations have played like 1K hands this month. I got back up to 30BB ahead for the month, and wasn't planning on playing last night, 'cause booking a winning month is awesome.

But no, I was like "I can't lose 30BB, I'm freakin' awesome" and I played, AND I LOST 40BB OMG. TOP PAIR IS THE WORST HAND EVER THESE FISH WON'T FOLD. ALSDFKAGHASIFHALKGJASLKFJASLGKHGAIEHASLKFDJASDLFKJ L.

DIE POKER.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: DIE

I HAD A 80BB DWN SWING LAST NIGHT ! the fist 2hrs i hit a run like 16yr olds pamela andersen wet dream. wet and juicy, up 40BB. Then i hit the wake up, dirty feeling and sticky, i couldnt get away from any hand 79 cracked my set of aces on the river by making a str8

So how do you fix? that 2table right?
first hand fold BB to preflop raise (q2)
second hand KK sb, blind theif raises we capp it the whole way except for the river
board reads
J735A
know what he had, 35, i was already tilting, but i liked his aggression and willingness not to back down, i ended up up 30bb in that room, by ck raising every river, 3betting the preflop with 37, ck raising everytime the board paired.
between me and the other guy we had the whole table titling and noone would steal our blind, it was great, we showed every bluff too

i ended up -1.5BB,
i figured if im going out, im going out in style,
Old 12-01-2005, 12:27 PM

UPDATE:

With a clearer a mind. A thought perhaps too lucid for this board.

"Poker hard enough when you're running bad, and random chance is costing you money, compounding that with costing yourself money through bad decisions is just even worse".

Someday I will go through PT and seperate out places where I should have folded and knew it, and figure out how much I've lost because of that, and understand just how must "stupid tax" I've paid in my poker career.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:32 PM

losing months build character and determination. or so i would assume, ive never had one. HAHAHAHHAHALOSERAHAHAHHAHA
Old 12-01-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and understand just how must "stupid tax" I've paid in my poker career.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then go on to analyze how much "stupid tax" you have paid in life and fall into eternal depression [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 12-01-2005, 02:05 PM

Yeah, stupid me having a shot at the party 30/60 on the last weekend of the month -- Whooops, there goes a third of my months earnings in a few hours [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Still a good month, so I'm not to upset, but it would have been a great month.....

I hate the way that A) We are so obsessive about monthly results B) I allways run awful at the highest stake I'm playing, but can't ever miss the flop at the lower stakes.....
Old 12-01-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hit a -70BB downswing to start November, and between two vacations have played like 1K hands this month. I got back up to 30BB ahead for the month, and wasn't planning on playing last night, 'cause booking a winning month is awesome.

But no, I was like "I can't lose 30BB, I'm freakin' awesome" and I played, AND I LOST 40BB OMG. TOP PAIR IS THE WORST HAND EVER THESE FISH WON'T FOLD. ALSDFKAGHASIFHALKGJASLKFJASLGKHGAIEHASLKFDJASDLFKJ L.

DIE POKER.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just want to remark that this is a hilarious forum. I mean, if you come here there's absolutely no way you can get upset at anyone for posting a beat...

So, uh, nh? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Edit: Awesome av, btw.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i ended up up 30bb in that room, by ck raising every river, 3betting the preflop with 37, ck raising everytime the board paired.
between me and the other guy we had the whole table titling and noone would steal our blind, it was great, we showed every bluff too

[/ QUOTE ]
Go get 'em tiger. I wish I had that kind of gamble to me.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:35 PM

um... poker isn't hard.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someday I will go through PT and seperate out places where I should have folded and knew it, and figure out how much I've lost because of that, and understand just how must "stupid tax" I've paid in my poker career.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back in my homegame days, I used to place my chips slightly away from the rest of the chips in the pot, and declare them to be part of the "stupid pile." Of course, this was no-foldem poker, so every thing was basically a stupid pile.

But I actually think it's not a bad idea to keep track of these things while playing during a serious session.