Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games

Old 11-30-2005, 04:27 AM

Default 27TD: tourney video

I'm trying out the video method that's becoming a big deal in HUSH. I'm not sure at this point whether it's really worthwhile, but figured I'd try some out. These are from the B2B tournament this afternoon.

Compressed (21m) is the HUSH method -- only hands I played, and most white space deleted.

I'd have a final table-only option, but I didn't quite make it that far this week.

Edit 12/6: Moved the compressed version to TStone's site and removed the full. Don't want you guys eating all my bandwidth. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: 27TD: tourney video

awesome!
Old 12-01-2005, 12:02 AM

Thanks for posting the video. I really enjoyed watching it. Was quite educational as I am still very much in the learning stages of TD. Please keep these coming.

I might have to put some cash on that site as I much prefer tournament play to cash game play. How much was the buyin for that tournament in US dollars? What range of buyins do they offer for 2-7 TD?
Old 12-01-2005, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I might have to put some cash on that site as I much prefer tournament play to cash game play. How much was the buyin for that tournament in US dollars? What range of buyins do they offer for 2-7 TD?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is it: Tuesdays at 4:45 pm ET they have the €3 (what is that, about $4?) with up to two rebuys and an addon. As far as I know this is the only triple draw tournament for money running anywhere in the world.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:43 PM

That was extremely interesting! Thanks. I look forward to more.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:30 PM

Indeed it was very interesting...

And what made it even more interesting was that you actually beat me at a couple of pots there. Nice work. Glad i could see what was going on your mind. Well done.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:49 PM

I watched the compressed version. That was fun to watch and I'm happy (for my sake) that I would have made the same play as you about 98% of the time. Looks like the cards just didn't go your way at the end (and the blinds are so big that one or two bad hands kills you).

A couple of things that I noticed and I hope I am recalling correctly, since I wasn't taking notes. Both of my comments regard playing rough eights.
1. I remember you making a value bet after the final draw with an 8-7. Is this standard for you or dependent upon opponent? Do you do this against an unknown?
2. I think I saw you play a 87wwx (2 wheel cards and one trash card) before the first draw differently. If my memory serves me (too lazy to look back at the video), one time you tossed the eight and drew 2 and the other time you kept the eight and drew 1. If so, why? I typically don't like to draw at a rough eight on the first draw and my standard choice here would be to draw 2. Is there some factor (position, opponents, other?) that changes how you play the first draw with this type of hand?
Old 12-02-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I watched the compressed version. That was fun to watch and I'm happy (for my sake) that I would have made the same play as you about 98% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I often make some screwy plays in these just to see how they go. I wouldn't assume I'm playing well here, though most of the questionable decisions this time were possibly-too-tight first round folds, which didn't make the compressed version.

[ QUOTE ]

1. I remember you making a value bet after the final draw with an 8-7. Is this standard for you or dependent upon opponent? Do you do this against an unknown?

[/ QUOTE ]

Previous action's pretty important, but at B2B I'm almost always value-betting any 8. I'm starting to slow down on this, because the players there have improved significantly in the last month or so, but there are still plenty who thing drawing to nines is a good idea. I'll value bet 875s most of the time, but I'm not sure I can explain how I decide when not to.

[ QUOTE ]

2. I think I saw you play a 87wwx (2 wheel cards and one trash card) before the first draw differently. If my memory serves me (too lazy to look back at the video), one time you tossed the eight and drew 2 and the other time you kept the eight and drew 1. If so, why? I typically don't like to draw at a rough eight on the first draw and my standard choice here would be to draw 2. Is there some factor (position, opponents, other?) that changes how you play the first draw with this type of hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just about everything matters. Number of players is probably the biggest, as I'm much more willing to draw at 8s headsup. Tournament position is huge, as well, though: my chip stack, opponents' chip stacks, how likely I am to get free cards or folds depending on what I draw are all hugely important. Against two or more players with sizable stacks, I'd rather draw to a hand with better implied odds; against one player or short stacks I'd rather have a better chance to make a hand.

One nice thing about 87w2 is that if you do hit and get played back at you can always draw 1 again. I don't think there's any question with a hand like 8743, you go for the 8 and be prepard to fold if the action indicates.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:03 PM

Anyone else not able to see these videos? Ive tried at home, and on two diffrent systems at school. Its tried to use Windows Media Player and says it doesnt have the required codec(???) to view the file.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else not able to see these videos? Ive tried at home, and on two diffrent systems at school. Its tried to use Windows Media Player and says it doesnt have the required codec(???) to view the file.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need the Xvid codec, or else the files would be incredibly huge. Linky.