Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 06:26 AM

Default Re: HULA ML Cleanup

awhile ago i gave milo my AIM name and told him we had to get it done, and that was the last i heard from him.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:28 PM

Milo contacted me this week and we arranged to play our match on thursday night (he said he was available after 9:30 central-time)...but he was a no show (and no further response).

I PM'ed him again on Friday and said I was around all day and whenever he was avilable would be great.
No response.

I think we are close to the point where we can just claim a forfeit and move on.
I'm not sure of course...but I doubt that he would mind that much either.

People get busy. no biggie.

milo - if you still want to play it, let me know.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
scotch 78 defeated me after a long match that involved blind doubling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you played like 2weeks ago(but for week6) and won?? could be losing my mind
Old 10-08-2005, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
scotch 78 defeated me after a long match that involved blind doubling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you played like 2weeks ago(but for week6) and won?? could be losing my mind

[/ QUOTE ]

It was an old match and our team already won that week (of course). We just need wins/forfeits from Alobar and Microbob.

I'm in charge of getting hold of Alobar's opponenet for this week since he is banned but i still haven't heard anything at all. I'm taking responsibility for making his 'reasonable efforts' to get the match played.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:23 PM

i've got the playoff itch....
Old 10-08-2005, 08:35 PM

I just woke up, and was going to put in a session at Multi. Guess I'll do some forfeits here instead.

The easy ones: rory/crazygoose for Weeks 1 and 4 are forfeited, GetThere1Time for Weeks 1,2, and 4 are forfeited. (Yes, that makes one match a double loss. So?) The three Baronzeus/Stealthcow matches from Week 5 go to Baronzeus.

What's left is Billyjex/Milo. I need to look through the threads before making a decision on that one.

Week 6 games have a couple days to get played yet.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
awhile ago i gave milo my AIM name and told him we had to get it done, and that was the last i heard from him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been hearing this from both sides. Since Milo posted he couldn't get in touch in the original Week 3 thread, WiteKnite has posted the same several times, and you haven't replied to any of the previous callings out about this match, and we attempted a replacement and your replacement didn't show up either, I'm awarding the win to Milo.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:56 PM

I went ahead and forfeited Stealthcow's team for Week 6 as well.

Current Standings:

goofball 4-1 (14-14)
ihardlyknowher 4-2 (16-14)
raisins 4-2 (15-15)
bds 4-2 (15-15)
dave44 3-2 (17-11)
Baronzeus 3-3
TMFS9 3-3
Climber 2-3
WiteKnite 1-4
Stealthcow forfeit
Old 10-09-2005, 12:05 AM

Dave44 and I have both been busy. I sent the first PM maybe 8+ days into the week and set a time--we both forgot about it. He sent the next one--we've both been pretty swamped and haven't got it together yet. I'm out of town this weekend so I doubt its gonna get played by Sunday night.

I'd say its about a draw at this point. I'll look for him on AIM one or two more times though if I get free.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:44 PM

HULA ML has now been split into two groups. The first group will consist of all the bad players, who will play against the commissioners' teams. Those players will also be allowed to make exciting proposition bets against the commissioners, since playing a single HU match is boring.

The second group will consist of all the good players, and the teams that cash will only receive 70% of the prize pool. Actually, since we all violated the terms of HULA ML by not finishing our matches on time, the commissioners have decided to freeze all the prize money and keep it for themselves. Enjoy!