Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 09-14-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Don\'t care what anoyone thinks about you? then STFU.

why thankyou, im sure both maddox and i are flattered
Old 09-14-2005, 01:54 PM

All we have are our judgements---at best we moderate them with other information.

Yeah, most people who don't care what other people think spend an enormous amount of time cultivating an appearance and a demeanour that suggests the exact opposite.

I went through that stage too, difference is I left it at age 15.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The one that bugs me is, "I don't judge" or "I don't want to judge," or "Don't be judgmental."

Everybody judges everything, all the time. Saying or pretending anything different is just a slimy attempt to get out of having any convictions you might be held to or judged by yourself, a way of waiting to pick your sides until you see who's winning, a way of being dishonest with yourself and others and wanting us to play along and join the bullsh*tters club so we can all be full of baloney together, a way to encourage social conformity even when it's damaging, irresponsible, or pointless, a cheap, hypocritical, particularly craven form of one-upsmanship made at no risk and without accomplishment. It's a coward's way out disguised as sophistication or even-handedness. I can't recall ever seeing anyone say this who I admired for saying it or indeed who didn't look smaller for trying to foist it on others. It's almost impossible to say well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I was going to compare OP's thoughts with this statement that annoys me as well, obviously I chose something more succinct instead, nice post.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:33 PM

That's an awful example of a way to prove you don't care what people think of you.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:52 PM

we just don't care what you think about us.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:02 PM

I agree. But I think a more appropiate and rewarding challenge would be not showering or doing laundry for a month. How often do you wake up and say "I don't want to put pants on today?" If you're anything like me this doesn't happen very often. On the other hand I often wake up and think: I'd prefer a half hour of sleep to a shower, or I'd prefer wearing yesterday's clothes to doing a laundry. There also could be no legal issuses with this.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:12 PM

Do what Ted Nugent did to get out of going to Vietnam. Eat nothing but potato chips and Pepsi for a month, stop showering for a month, don't take off your pants to go to the bathroom for a week, and top it off by rubbing yourself all over with a fish.

Breaks the ice at parties.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:27 PM

actually, skeme, you know, i made this post BECAUSE i realised that i live my life soley for the praise of others, and i like it that way. take drumming for example. i happen to be quite the passionate drummer, and i was thinking to me self 'why do i drum, what am i doing this for?' but not so philosophicly, and it occours to me that i ONLY drum for feeling of someone saying 'wow, you are such a great drummer!

same with badminton.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually, skeme, you know, i made this post BECAUSE i realised that i live my life soley for the praise of others, and i like it that way. take drumming for example. i happen to be quite the passionate drummer, and i was thinking to me self 'why do i drum, what am i doing this for?' but not so philosophicly, and it occours to me that i ONLY drum for feeling of someone saying 'wow, you are such a great drummer!

same with badminton.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am highly skeptical that anybody has ever said the words "Wow, what a great badminton player!"
Old 09-14-2005, 03:30 PM

I don't see what that has to do with anything I said.