Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 09-11-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: is it possible to get high off whipped cream?

wippets are the nuts. i don't reccomend it.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:29 AM

You kids should've heeded the warning label...

Old 09-13-2005, 08:30 AM

Yeah. Suck 37 cans in a row, you'll get some kind of sensory modification, I'm sure.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

about time someone discusses one of my former vices.... I 1) Brain damage. Yes, the high is literally killing brain cells. Lovely eh? I was a lot smarter before I started using this crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't really true. While you can kill brain cells with it the overwhelming majority of the time you're not killing anything.
I lump this up there with the always fun "Dude, every time you get drunk you kill like XXXX brain cells."
Old 09-13-2005, 02:26 PM

Are you #$@!*&% kidding me? I’m gonna lump you in with people who speak on subjects without knowing anything.

Hmmm, let's compare "overwhelming majority of the time you're not killing anything" to how my neuropsychology teacher described it, which was "wholesale brain-death".

The biggest difference between this and drugs is that Nitrous is not a drug. Drugs have effects on neurotransmitters in your brain, while all nitrous does is take up space where oxygen should be absorbed in your lungs. This effect can be accomplished many ways, huffing all kinds of solvents/gases is one, drowning is another. Nitrous just happens to be the safest/easiest way to do that, since the drowning method would involve all kinds of equipment and the requisite screaming of “Don’t give up on me now, damnit!”, which, as you know, gets old.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you #$@!*&% kidding me? I’m gonna lump you in with people who speak on subjects without knowing anything.

Hmmm, let's compare "overwhelming majority of the time you're not killing anything" to how my neuropsychology teacher described it, which was "wholesale brain-death".

The biggest difference between this and drugs is that Nitrous is not a drug. Drugs have effects on neurotransmitters in your brain, while all nitrous does is take up space where oxygen should be absorbed in your lungs. This effect can be accomplished many ways, huffing all kinds of solvents/gases is one, drowning is another. Nitrous just happens to be the safest/easiest way to do that, since the drowning method would involve all kinds of equipment and the requisite screaming of “Don’t give up on me now, damnit!”, which, as you know, gets old.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, you seem angry.
OK. I'm at a research I university. I am a researcher and teacher in the neurosciences. My doctorate is in neurobiology. I have been working in the neurosciences (specifically neuropharmacology) for a decade.
I don't know why you're so hostile to me but try not to say anything about someone not knowing anything if you don't know who you're talking to. Christ man, it says "Scientist" in my profile.
While your definition of a "Drug" is inaccurate, I'm going to leave that alone.
NO2 does act on neurotransmitter receptors in the brain. Several different ones. And that pleasurable effect? That's mediated by which organ? Hmmm? (hint - not lungs)
Sorry to be a jerk but you started it

And now I'm going to punch myself in the groin because I said I'd never put my qualifications to trump someone in an argument.
welcome to OOT I guess.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:15 PM

I apologize for my rudeness. The problem is your post didn't convey any authority or knowledge of the subject, but instead a rather flippant attitude that suffocating yourself is "ok" (Now that I read that sentence for the 20th time I can’t tell if you’re really supporting the sentiment or not). If you had alluded to your credentials and/or made your post sound like something other than what some dumb teenager would say I would not have gone off. I still don’t see the point of suggesting that huffing things is not horrible.

Also, it’s not like I’m going to check someone’s profile every time they make a strange remark to see if they’re qualified to make said remark. Even if I had checked your profile I probably could not have reconciled Scientist with what you said.

So, what is Nitrous classified as? Antagonist/Agonist of what NTs?

How is the lack of oxygen for an extended period of time not leading to massive brain death?

How is it different than other cases where the brain is denied oxygen for a while?

I would honestly like to know, since I’m wrong, and you’re the expert.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:05 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

the worst experience of my life happened because of nitrous oxide at the dentist before getting my wisdom teeth pulled. i am still very traumatized by it. i posted about this before, but basically i thought i was dying/dead and i'm still surprised sometimes that i am not. i hate thinking about it.

people who mess around with this for "fun" are incredibly retarded.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the worst experience of my life happened because of nitrous oxide at the dentist before getting my wisdom teeth pulled. i am still very traumatized by it. i posted about this before, but basically i thought i was dying/dead and i'm still surprised sometimes that i am not. i hate thinking about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I was [censored] loving it when I got my wisdom teeth taken out. When the doctor was asking me how I was feeling I told him "I wouldn't even care if the building was on fire right now". I was taking the biggest breaths I actually had to have him turn it down cause I was tweaking so much.

Many of my friends told me they experienced the same thing.

edit-
Btw, the stuff they give you in the dentists office is incredibly safe especially compared to whippets. Obviously. Although I'm sure some people get messed up by it like you did. Sorry gorie.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:10 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I was [censored] loving it when I got my wisdom teeth taken out. When the doctor was asking me how I was feeling I told him "I wouldn't even care if the building was on fire right now". I was taking the biggest breaths I actually had to have him turn it down cause I was tweaking so much.

Many of my friends told me they experienced the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm yeah my experience was nothing good.
do a search for the near death experience thread if you want to hear my story. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
my heart starts to pound just being reminded of it.
and while i know what happened to me is not your typical nitrious experience, i wouldn't wish what happened to me on anyone. i can't think of anything more terrifying.