Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Tiebreaker report

also, i counted 21 team wins and only 20 team losses (it's kind of like the mystery of how straight guys report more sexual partners on avg than straight gals. hmmmm [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2005, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I beleive that team ihardlyknowher is 3-1 at the moment as week 5 is still undecided between ihardlyknowher and dave44. dave44 leads 2-1 with two matches remaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. I had your match reported incorrectly. Thanks.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also, i counted 21 team wins and only 20 team losses (it's kind of like the mystery of how straight guys report more sexual partners on avg than straight gals. hmmmm [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. I did the original team count a while ago, and I think I may have counted something wrong, or at that time saw a match that I missed the second time through. I'll run them through the individual match count again.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I beleive that team ihardlyknowher is 3-1 at the moment as week 5 is still undecided between ihardlyknowher and dave44. dave44 leads 2-1 with two matches remaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. I had your match reported incorrectly. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wanted to point out that you did a great job as this is really time consuming...and confusing sometimes. Thank you.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Re: HULA ML Overall Standings

OK updated with latest matches and corrections, still the missing matches listed above.

bds 4-1 (13-11)
ihardlyknowher 3-1 (12-8)
raisins 3-1 (12-12)
goofball 3-1 (10-10)
dave44 2-2 (14-9)
baronzeus 2-2 (11-9)
TMFS9 1-1 (8-10)
climber 2-3 (12-12)
WiteKnite 0-4 (10-14)
stealthcow 0-4 (5-12)

Arkady has the individual lead at 4-0 as the only undefeated HULA MLer. TomCollins, dave44, FranktheTank and Stack are all 4-1.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:35 AM

nice to know that my 2 losses are against 2 of the best HULA'ers (Arkady and Frankthetank).

After only 4 (or 5 weeks) I think it's kind of surprising that we only have 1 undefeated player.
Congrats Arkady.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:09 AM

I watch sports absolutely never, so this whole conference discussion is outside any experience I have. And I'm ok with whatever the group wants to do. I'd just like to ask why it is done this way. Seems like 2 weeks of playoffs mean we play for 8 weeks, and during that time don't necessarily play against every other team. What is the reason why things are set up this way, instead of just setting up a league where there are 9 weeks of play and each team plays once against each other team and the overall standings determine the winners? Just curious.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:11 PM

The reason we jsut have 6 weeks of play is because when we were starting this whole thing--being that it was "ML" and all we weren't very confident it would actually get off the ground.

I wanted to play HU and try out the HULA format but didn't get drafted the first time arond--apparently with good reason. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I knew my fall would be really busy as it is so i suckered Witeknite into "co-commissioning" (could also be read as "doing all the work.")

We weren't sure this thing would even really take flight and between us we both have busy schedules (wives, jobs, a kid) as well. Draft was complete before I even thought to think of how many weeks it would be. I read Evan's HULA thread and said "Ok 6 weeks is long enough for them its long enough for us." Then a little "Hey Witeknite, the season is 6 weeks long...i guess...sound good?" Thats the short story of how we arrived where we are today.

to answer one other question that was asked earlier..."Where did 140%/90%/90%/90%/90% payout structure come from?"

It was also copied from regualr HULA--gave people incentive to volunteeer for the extra work of being a captain as well as gave us captains so we could get a draft underway and start the season. This payout structure was stated eaerly on--now you guys know to volunteer to captain next time.

I had visions of myself being a great HU player, drafting awesome, and pwning you all but not all of those things came together so any of my other reasons for liking the 140%/90%/90%/90%/90% payout structure as a captain aren't really relevant anymore.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:41 AM

Update before Week 6. Two from Week 5 are still undecided.

bds 4-1 (13-12)
goofball 4-1 (12-11)
ihardlyknowher 3-1 (13-8)
raisins 3-2 (13-13)
dave44 2-2 (14-10)
baronzeus 2-2 (12-10)
TMFS9 2-2 (10-12)
climber 2-3 (12-12)
WiteKnite 0-4 (10-14)
stealthcow 0-4 (6-13)

Currently these matches are outstanding:

Week 1: Rory/GetThere1Time (I think this was still Rory, yes?)
Week 2: crazygoose/tongni; ike/GetThere1Time
Week 3: Milo/billyjex
Week 4: crazygoose/Alobar; colgin/GetThere1Time
Week 5: Bob L/GetThere1Time; scotch78/goofball; three matches from stealthcow/baronzeus

ihardlyknowher, what's up with GetThere1Time?
Old 09-21-2005, 12:53 PM

GetThere1Time is a tough person to setup a match with.I really have better things to do than to track guys down for matches.Getthere pm me if you want to play otherwise I'll play a sub or something but I'm pming no more.