Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many PTBB/hand have you won with QQ?
Won more than 10. 0 0%
Won 6 to 10. 0 0%
Won 4 to 6. 2 9.52%
Won 3 to 4. 2 9.52%
Won 2 to 3. 0 0%
Won 1 to 2. 4 19.05%
Won 0 to 1. 2 9.52%
Lost 0 to 1. 1 4.76%
Lost more than 1. 0 0%
Just show me the results, please. 10 47.62%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2005, 01:48 AM

Default Re: OOT Moderation Poll

We should have a different mod every week.

Lettuce experience the different quirks of all our prominent posters. We can have a couple threads each week to discuss whether we like or dislike the way he/she moderates. Wouldn't that be fun? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

The really good ones can be tapped by Mat for duty in the other forums.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I vote for other. Commodus. Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Commodus would be awesome. I also think that [censored] [censored] would be a good mod. He always seems to be fair and balanced.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:52 AM

Ok, I am willing to set aside my assholeness for one post and give my honest opinion on this matter.

IMO, anyone who 'campaigns' to be a moderator, by definition, would be a poor choice. I am not singleing anybody out with that comment, it is simply my honest opinion.

A moderator should not be someone who wants to do the job, but rather someone who is willing to do the job.

A moderator of this type of forum can not be opinionated. They simply need to follow the guidlines setout.

It is not the job of moderation to determine what is funny and what is not, much like we saw when the gimmick account parade went on. What is funny/appropriate to one person, could be the exact opposite to another.

We do not need a personality cop. We simply need someone to delete NSFW crap, move reduntant posts and report (to Mat) inappropriate comments & imposter accounts (so that Mat can decide if a ban is in order).

The 'user moderation' in the past we have seen has been far to subjective, inconsistant and judgemental IMO.

This is not a strategy forum. I really doubt if anyone cares about the number of posts in this forum and if 'good stuff' rolling out of view, much like Jason_T pointed out was happening in SS. The simple fact of the matter is that if a topic is popular, there is no need to worry about volume, because popular posts with be just that, popular, and by definition, remain on the first page (or so), based solely on the amount of replies they receive.

Look at the Sporting Events forum. NolanFan does a great job...and he didn't ask for the job...he was willing to perform the described tasks and is doing so. It's that easy. Without naming names, I wholeheartedly believe that none of the posters that 'applied' for that position would have done nearly as good a job as he.

There are obvious choices, such as Clark, that we all know would do a great job, but I really doubt he has the desire to do such, especially here.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:54 AM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

You should drop the assholeness permanently. That was a good post.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:56 AM

wow...so you really are a troll, hmm? no way you can type something intelligent and thought out like this, and then waste 99% of your other posts without meaning to [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2005, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The really good ones can be tapped by Mat for duty in the other forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve would be all over that.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There are obvious choices, such as Clark, that we all know would do a great job, but I really doubt he has the desire to do such, especially here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why the desire to do the 'job' is important.
There really aren't that many good (IMO) candidates who are actually willing to do it.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:58 AM

Nice post, assmunch. (Just kidding. I didn't read it.)
Old 08-12-2005, 02:01 AM

Sorry, but this isn't a serious forum. I get paid good money to be nice to people in the real world. This is where I come to have a little fun and blow off steam.

Just because I can be very opinionated, terse, direct and speak my mind...doesn't mean I don't have a mind.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should drop the assholeness permanently. That was a good post.

[/ QUOTE ]I agree 100%, you could seriously add to this forum(much like many of the other new posters) by simply not being an assbag. Good post across the board.