Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 02-13-2005, 02:49 AM

Default A 2+2 table hand. Short handed and 1/2 limit but it belongs here.

This was a 6-max table, but I'd like this forum to view it over as I was told I played it horrible by Orbflux and I'd really like to know why. I was also asked if I've ever played limit because I have to have HUGE swings if I play AA this way by Orbflux. For the record, the BB in this hand was a horrible loose-aggressive-bluffer and the only non-2+2er. Where did I go wrong?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Orbflux of HydraIRC-chat raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Orbflux of HydraIRC-chat calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333"> Orbflux of HydraIRC-chat raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, orbflux of HydraIRC-chat calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, orbflux of HydraIRC-chat calls, BB calls.

River: (13.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

Thanks boys,
Joe Tall
Old 02-13-2005, 03:01 AM

Default Re: A 2+2 table hand. Short handed and 1/2 limit but it belongs here.

I'd probably raise the flop, especially after capping pre-flop, but I guess doing whatever gets the most money works for me. The flop action is kinda weird though.

If he trapped w/ QQ or JJ and raised you on the river, that's the way it goes. Even so, I don't know what he expected you to do differently, fold to his flop raise?
Old 02-13-2005, 03:05 AM

I'd probably raise the flop, especially after capping pre-flop

Once the live one bets, I was quite sure that Orb would raise. I was also quite sure my hand was still unknown by limp-reraise/then call the flop. It makes the play on the flop quite easy.

you to do differently, fold to his flop raise?

I tried to ask. But his answer was to kick me off the chat. Not sure what that meant, you decide. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 02-13-2005, 03:07 AM

Looks really good to me.....Seems like you got a lot of bets in with what is by far the best hand...I'd only be concerned with QQ or JJ, but there isn't anything you could do differently to avoid those hands....

Nice hand...
Old 02-13-2005, 03:23 AM

Default Orbflux\'s hand...

He had T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] what do you think of his play?

Thanks boys,
Joe Tall
Old 02-13-2005, 03:28 AM

In every situation, I want to raise that flop to isolate the live fish, and take away orb's odds with a draw. If he doesn't raise, you just let him see a card cheap in a situation where you are very likely ahead. Also, why would you want to let another solid player have a chance to see the turn cheaply when you could shut him out of the action? Jamming the flop makes it an easier hand to play imo. Due to the table conditions, I can understand your line, but I'd say I still prefer jamming the flop, as usually, it's the most profitable line.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:33 AM

I want to raise that flop to isolate the live fish, and take away orb's odds with a draw. If he doesn't raise, you just let him see a card cheap in a situation where you are very likely ahead

If he is going to contiue there are only a few hands that he has, KK I have beat, QQ well good for him. The 2 hands he would play aggressively would be AQ, and the heart draw. These hands metioned he is not folding. If he has the heart draw, my plan was to raise a blank on the turn if he correctly calls with it, destroying odds further.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 02-13-2005, 03:41 AM

We're not talking just heart draw or AQ, there are a number of hands that would be getting odds to draw if you do not raise, without a raise, he is getting 14:1, with a raise, he is getting roughly 7.5:1. Without the raise, he basically has license to draw with anything while getting odds, with the raise, he can't draw to improve one pair or draw with a gutshot, etc. Even though hands like this don't seem plausible from a 2+2er, like you said, there was a lot of pf raising, so his range of hands is massive.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:44 AM

I think you played it well. Clearly, this isn't the traditional way to play it, but you aren't at a traditional table. I myself, am not that creative, and don't think it hurts me much that I'm not. Your line (pre-flop/flop) while unorthodox seems a fine way to get a lot of money in with the best hand, although I'm not sure it's necessary.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:47 AM

Default Orbflux\'s final reply.

Was to kick me off the IRC chat. What do you all think of that?

Peace,
Joe Tall