Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

View Poll Results: Check below if you're tried this food:
Pig's Feet 15 4.44%
Rocky Mountain Oysters 10 2.96%
Shark's Fin 15 4.44%
Seaweed 63 18.64%
Strange organ (elaborate) 17 5.03%
Snake 17 5.03%
Rabbit 38 11.24%
Duck 67 19.82%
Alligator 33 9.76%
Venison 63 18.64%
Voters: 338. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2005, 11:14 PM

Default Re: The relationship between MTT and STT play

[ QUOTE ]
I play mostly MTTs and thus tend not to do very well in STTs. Not sure why that is. I know that TAG in an MTT has worked fairly well for me, though I would say I am more a Loose TAG, and take a few chances that others may not. I also dont think that STTs have improved my FT play either. I havent made too many FTs on Stars, however on another site, I FT 4 tourneys in a row. I give part of that credit to playing on Stars actually. The better competition translates well to softer sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

not that i'm asking for more STT competition but...

i think the main difference is needing to play super ABC tight ass poker for the first few rounds (for all but the highest levels of SNG's where everybody knows all this and tricky play can be rewarded). suited connectors and ATs are out...whereas early in a MTT they can be just the ticket to stack some donkey.

going from SNG to MTT has many more collaterals than just bubble or final table (personally i find FT's much different than SNG's because of the constant bubble, huge blinds, great players all around etc etc). learning proper sng play is very close to learning standard TAG MTT play, you just slow it down and drag it out for a longer period...add the element of deep stack play and a few more adjustments.