Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-17-2005, 05:00 PM

Default car rental question

when enterprise says your unlimited mileage is limited to a group of states, do they have any way of knowing if you go somewhere else? or are they just bluffing?
Old 12-17-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Re: car rental question

bluffing, but if you leave LA and come back with 700 miles, they know you went to vegas.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bluffing, but if you leave LA and come back with 700 miles, they know you went to vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what i figured. if they ask, i'll just say i did laps around the state.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:07 PM

one thing though is that certain states have vehicles that are for some reason prohibited w/out a commercial license/permit.

like if you're renting a huge econoline van in Illinois and drive it into Iowa, you can get pulled over b/c enterprise vans don't hold commercial permits.

hope that helps...

they usually have a pretty good reason to limit their interstate travel, you should look into it a little bit.

no point in getting a ticket and then more punishment from signing your rental contract.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:12 PM

hmm...maybe i will check. i'm just driving a regular car from pittsburgh to maine for xmas b/c it's cheaper than flying and i can stop at foxwoods

i can't imagine that could really be a problem. the webpage says something about extra charges for mileage outside the multi-state area. as they say in maine: that's wicked retarded
Old 12-17-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm...maybe i will check. i'm just driving a regular car from pittsburgh to maine for xmas b/c it's cheaper than flying and i can stop at foxwoods

i can't imagine that could really be a problem. the webpage says something about extra charges for mileage outside the multi-state area. as they say in maine: that's wicked retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you will have any problems...just don't get any tickets, moving or parking, then they will know and fine you per your rental contract.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you will have any problems...just don't get any tickets, moving or parking, then they will know and fine you per your rental contract.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, don't get hit by a drunk driver, moron asian woman, etc. while outside your multi-state area. That could get reported to the police.