Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 08:57 AM

Default Re: Why not Grossman?

I think there's some problem with the play calling in the Redzone. Orton simply is always throwing it inside the 5, and he's not that good at it, meaning FG after FG. The concept doesn't even make sense to me given their strengths at RB. Don't believe it? Here's the lengths of Orton's 9 TD passes this year:

Thats right...7 TD passes inside the 10 yard line. FGs kicked by Chicago from 20-29 yards: 6 (3 in the past 3 weeks). Last rushing TD was in week TEN - thats three straight games with no rushing TDs for a team with a clearly strong rushing game.

I dunno who is deciding that Orton needs to be firing passes at the goal line constantly, but he's not that good at it. In the first 5 games of the year, Jones has 4 TDs under 5 yards. I am just mystified every time I watch them inside the 10. Here's a sample from their recent play:

1st-3, GB3 15:00 K. Orton incomplete pass to the right
2nd-3, GB3 14:34 T. Jones rushed to the left for no gain
3rd-3, GB3 14:28 K. Orton incomplete pass to the right

Why is Orton being told to throw the ball twice from inside the 3? Do they seriously believe their Oline/Jones can't get in from there with three chances?
Old 12-06-2005, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Why not Grossman?

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno who is deciding that Orton needs to be firing passes at the goal line constantly, but he's not that good at it. In the first 5 games of the year, Jones has 4 TDs under 5 yards. I am just mystified every time I watch them inside the 10.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is Ron Turner's typical play calling. He likes to do the opposite of what you expect. If everyone is loaded up for the run he likes to playaction. The Packers were ready for that this past week. I would expect Jones has a few more TDs in the next few weeks as Safeties and SLBs stay on their block longer.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:24 PM

Default The Wade Controversy

Kyle Orton is the NFL QB style of the future. When Kyle gets sacked think of how much more time is run off of the clock v throwing an incomplete pass. Those sacks and all the running the bears are forced to do has been a major factor in not giving the other team an extra chance at the end of the game when the defense is getting tired. When Vick came into the league, every team ran out to get their very own running back/QB. And where did that get Atlanta? No where. Vicks passing game was just a little to good. If he was a worse passer the 2 offense would be similiar. Solid running backs and no passing. The Bears are playing fundemental football, thanks to Ortons stratigic abilities. Orton can take a snap, he can change the play from a passing play to a running play at the line of scrimage, and he can take a sack. Even if the bears have a good QB, how hard is it gonna be to just double team Mushin. Forget the passing game. Just like the white sox went with fundemental baseball, the bears are going with fundemental football. Running and Dfense and Special Teams. Forget about Grossman and Blake, let the rest of the NFL worry about finding the next Farve or Manning. But do think about the punt and kick return. Thats really the only controversy in Chicago. Who can they put in that is as dangerous as bobby Wade is for insane return, but not as dangerous to fumble. SuperBowl bound team with a Good Returner.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: The Wade Controversy

LMAO. post of the year.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LMAO. post of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-06-2005, 04:46 PM

Jerry Angelo? Is that you?
Old 12-06-2005, 04:49 PM