Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-20-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Re: mini sweet suicide

Russian guy: You got lucky. I had open ended straight draw on turn. That river saved you.

I almost fell out of my chair at the honesty in this guys tone about how lucky you got.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:09 AM

Default Re: my delirious thoughts atm

Hey Bobbo,

[ QUOTE ]
Well, for results black guy folds TT and russian guy calls me with 74o, I dont get outdrawn, and I scoop a big one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of assumed this was the deal, given the title, but I didn't want to ruin it. Also, I couldn't imagine the player you described (or many in that game) folding a PP bigger than your sixes. I think you probably had some "tight and terrified kid" image magic working for you here; glad it worked out. Here's my question, though: if he had accidentally flashed the Tens, wouldn't you have mucked instantly, rather than trying to move him off of them? Now that I'm thinking of it, how do you know he had Tens?
Old 11-21-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Re: my delirious thoughts atm

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Bobbo,

[ QUOTE ]
Well, for results black guy folds TT and russian guy calls me with 74o, I dont get outdrawn, and I scoop a big one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of assumed this was the deal, given the title, but I didn't want to ruin it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I give off online tells I guess [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I couldn't imagine the player you described (or many in that game) folding a PP bigger than your sixes. I think you probably had some "tight and terrified kid" image magic working for you here; glad it worked out.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think my image helped. The whole table was shocked I was capable of that, I guess, because they all believed I had a king or a set.
[ QUOTE ]

Here's my question, though: if he had accidentally flashed the Tens, wouldn't you have mucked instantly, rather than trying to move him off of them? Now that I'm thinking of it, how do you know he had Tens?

[/ QUOTE ]

I considered a smaller pocket pair,(I never thought he was as strong as TT, but maybe 88; not that it's different in THIS case, but someone may be more wedded mentally to QQ or TT etc then 88, I think) but you're absolutely right, if I had to make him lay that down, I'm not confident enough it succeeds enough because as was he took a while to fold it.

I thought most of the time my hand was best, and occaisonally I run into a better hand where I can either make them fold (like 88 or whatever) and small% I can suck out. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]