Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 03-02-2005, 07:38 PM

Default nvidia quatro 280 PCI video card? *desperate poster*

I'm an [censored] for posting a video card question. I'm sorry but I'm starting to panic about this.

Is the "nvidia quatro 280 PCI video card" graphics card a good for my two Dell 2001FP:s?

Or is there some equally good or better more affordable nvidia alternative?

I'm looking for a PCI card and the only thing the computer is used for is poker and internet browsing.

thanks for the help!
I really have no idea about these things.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Re: nvidia quatro 280 PCI video card? *desperate poster*

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo oooooooo oooooooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooo oooooo ooooo ooooo ooooo oooo o oo oo o o o o o o o o o
Old 03-02-2005, 09:43 PM

Get a Nvidia Quadro used on eBay with dual DVI outs. Thank me later. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Quadro's with dual DVI outs are very expensive, but you can get them for a fraction of MSRP on eBay used, they are usually Dell pulls.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:54 PM

pci? dude get a motherboard that has an agp slot!

radeon vid cards are fine too.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:59 PM

the Quattro cards are for video editing of some type I believe...might be important in some lines of work but you don't need to pay a premium. No need to stress over video cards. Maybe 5 years ago, not now. Unless you're a hardcore gamer any budget card is going to work fine for you, and a budget card used to be like $100, now it's cheaper and far better.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:08 PM

i think that card would do very good for what you need it for. it is very economical compared to other Nvidia Quadro dual cards. the only thing about this one is you will need to buy a DMS-59 to dual DVI cable for it (unless it comes with one). you don't want to use the analog cable for your LCDs.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:24 PM

Nvidia's quatro/quattro however you spell it, cards are used by 3d modelers, a lot of CAD stuff. If you're looking for a cheaper good card, just get a VGA and DVI Geforce 4 Ti4200/4400/4600, Geforce 3 would probably work fine too.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:25 PM

If you are using LCDs, I highly suggest against what hate said because there usually is a huge difference between using a DVI connection and an analog (VGA) connection. your screen will be a little blurry with the VGA and you won't be getting the stellar quality that your LCD can produce.

[ QUOTE ]
Nvidia's quatro/quattro however you spell it, cards are used by 3d modelers, a lot of CAD stuff. If you're looking for a cheaper good card, just get a VGA and DVI Geforce 4 Ti4200/4400/4600, Geforce 3 would probably work fine too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, if you buy one of these from ebay, you can definitely get it for under $100, probably under $50 (but you'll have to buy the dual DVI cable as well).
Old 03-03-2005, 03:13 PM

I'll try to get it on Ebay. Thanks on the advice
Old 03-03-2005, 03:18 PM

Default AGP or PCI

My computer has an AGP slot. But there I already have one (old) 3d graphics card with a VGA port. I use that for my CRT (until I buy another LCD).

So I was figuring I'd leave the old card and get the new one on PCI. I understand PCI is slower, but does that affect this particular graphics card in any way? Or does that only affct better graphics cards.

Also I don't understand why people say it's for 3D and CAD.

At http://www.nvidia.com/page/quadronvs.html it says that it is specifically for multidisplay 2D graphics. Is there something I am missing? That was namely the reason I "desided" on it.