Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 02:04 AM

Default Re: 5-10 NL Live QQ Preflop decision

[ QUOTE ]
No. If you are playing for a living, this line of thought has merit, i.e. that 60BB profit is the difference betweening making the monthly bills or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

wha...?
Old 12-17-2005, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No. If you are playing for a living, this line of thought has merit, i.e. that 60BB profit is the difference betweening making the monthly bills or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

wha...?

[/ QUOTE ]
dont be confused by the authoratative tone, this makes no sense.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wha...?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It only "makes no sense" to those too young or too well off to understand what it is like to have a bills that have to be paid and only have what is in front of you to pay them.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wha...?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It only "makes no sense" to those too young or too well off to understand what it is like to have a bills that have to be paid and only have what is in front of you to pay them.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are playing for a living, having only what is left in front of you to pay the bills, sitting in a NL game with 60 bbs, you're clearly a moron and deserve to have your electricity turned off. hopefully in a moment of clarity you realize you shouldnt even be sitting in this game, go home and get out the credit card, deposit online and start playing 50NL where you actually have the option of going allin without the nuts on the river. either that or you start working on your resume and explaining to your friends and family how the reason you busted is you couldnt even figure out which games you should be sitting in, let alone how to beat them, and thats why you went bust.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really bad. I know the line of thinking, but seriously, if you are playing scared money or can't cover your monthly nut, get out of the game until you have a proper bankroll.

Garland
Old 12-17-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wha...?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are playing for a living, having only what is left in front of you to pay the bills, sitting in a NL game with 60 bbs, you're clearly a moron and deserve to have your electricity turned off. hopefully in a moment of clarity you realize you shouldnt even be sitting in this game, go home and get out the credit card, deposit online and start playing 50NL where you actually have the option of going allin without the nuts on the river. either that or you start working on your resume and explaining to your friends and family how the reason you busted is you couldnt even figure out which games you should be sitting in, let alone how to beat them, and thats why you went bust.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is not sitting with 60BB, he was asking if it was reasonable to "just call it a night" with a 60BB or $600 profit. My answer was no and qualified it.

You are quoting this like it was myself asking these questions, playing this game. If you look back in the thread and stop and think for a minute and cool off, you will see that I said clearly that this hand was clearly a +EV situation and that he should have played the hand and scoped a big pot.

I only made the qulaification if he was playing for a living, noting that he is playing more or less scared money, that it might be better to just book the profit since it seemed to be a fairly sizeable profit based on the tone of the post. If you are playing for a living and need to book a profit to make the bills, sometimes it is better to not put yourself in high variance situations, like getting AI with QQ preflop. And again, I will say it, in this hand I think it is a clear situation of sitting/staying in the game and pushing with QQ is +EV.

But at the end of the day Sklansky bucks will not pay the mortgage.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:06 PM

yeah, i shouldn't have said "sitting with 60bbs," i should have said "60bbs that you can't afford to lose."

[ QUOTE ]
"You are quoting this like it was myself asking these questions, playing this game."

[/ QUOTE ]

i meant "you" hypothetically.

in your original comment, you made it sound like "if you're playing for a living, this line of thought has merit, because that 60BB profit is/could reasonably be the difference between paying your bills or not."

this of course makes no sense because it is VERY unreasonable for a pro to be playing in a no limit game in which he MUST make 60BBs profit or he will fail to pay his bils.

[ QUOTE ]
But at the end of the day Sklansky bucks will not pay the mortgage.

[/ QUOTE ]

but at the end of the year, they will. that's what makes being a pro possible.